Thread: Try not to go to your doctor - you could save lives

Try not to go to your doctor - you could save lives

This is just a general plea really for people not to book doctors appointments for things that deep down you know are caused by your health anxiety. I know how hard this can be, but we are in the middle of a serious healthcare crisis and your actions could be the difference between somebody living or dying.

Right now it is so important for us not to take up unnecessary healthcare resources which are already so stretched. Not only this, but by visiting doctors or hospitals for tests you risk catching the virus yourself. Ok so you probably won't die from it, and then you'll have immunity, but you are placing others' lives in direct danger.

Please, please, I implore you to get your health anxiety under control from home, and do not book doctor's appointments unless it's a complete emergency.

I am happy to help anyone with their health anxiety, I will answer any questions on this thread and share my own experience (DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional).

We can get through this together.

Please help to do your bit and save lives.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Re: Try not to go to your doctor - you could save lives

Yes. So true. I cancelled an appointment for this reason. I think there might actually be something wrong with my foot but I figure I don't want to get scans or x-rays at the moment anyway so I'm just putting up with it. Not having access to my GP is triggering my HA though. I keep panicking that I won't be able to see her or get treatment if something bad happens to me. I've just been reminding myself that there's bigger things than me going on in the world right now and if I have something and can't get treatment, that's just the way it is. Stressful times.

Re: Try not to go to your doctor - you could save lives

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    Yes. So true. I cancelled an appointment for this reason. I think there might actually be something wrong with my foot but I figure I don't want to get scans or x-rays at the moment anyway so I'm just putting up with it. Not having access to my GP is triggering my HA though. I keep panicking that I won't be able to see her or get treatment if something bad happens to me. I've just been reminding myself that there's bigger things than me going on in the world right now and if I have something and can't get treatment, that's just the way it is. Stressful times.
    That’s an excellent attitude carriewriting.

I wish we could get this message out to more people with Health Anxiety as it is so important, Literally life and death important.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Thread Information