Thread: Convinced my thoughts have killed someone

Convinced my thoughts have killed someone

I’ve always had the thought “I would sacrifice ______(a person) , for____________ (something to happen(such as a team win a football match)” that caused me a great deal amount of stress. I was feeling guilty about this one person in particular as (the something to happen) did happen.

Anyway this name kept popping up in my life, and even so when i drew names out of hat his was the first name. I also got a facebook friend suggestion as a notification( ive never got a friend suggstion as a notification) with someone with the same name. I then even got a text message (defientally my first text from facebook) with another friend suggestion, this time a different person with the same name.

I cant deal with this now all my life i've tried to prove these sacrifice thoughts wrong, but now it feels so real.

Re: Convinced my thoughts have killed someone

Quote Originally Posted by msh010 View Post
    I’ve always had the thought “I would sacrifice ______(a person) , for____________ (something to happen(such as a team win a football match)” that caused me a great deal amount of stress. I was feeling guilty about this one person in particular as (the something to happen) did happen.

Anyway this name kept popping up in my life, and even so when i drew names out of hat his was the first name. I also got a facebook friend suggestion as a notification( ive never got a friend suggstion as a notification) with someone with the same name. I then even got a text message (defientally my first text from facebook) with another friend suggestion, this time a different person with the same name.

I cant deal with this now all my life i've tried to prove these sacrifice thoughts wrong, but now it feels so real.
    Sounds like a coincidence. Try looking up confirmation bias and the frequency illusion.

Re: Convinced my thoughts have killed someone

Just thoughts and not real life.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information