I always drink a copious amount of water when eating, my whole life. I can't imagine being able to eat without drinking between almost each bite. I also have anxiety since a child (middle aged now).

2 months ago I was traveling in Istanbul, my GF and I were eating in a Sushi restaurant and all of a sudden I felt soemething stuck in my throat. I could breathe fine, I could talk, but whenever I tried to drink water I'd spit it back up immediately. I had never heard of having a mass stuck in your esophagus.

The restaurant called the ambulance, they came out and by that time I had been taking small sips of water an the symptoms disappeard. The ambulance did nothing.

No problems since then, until last night. My girlfriend made me very sticky rice with chicken, about 5 bites into it I got that feeling again, so stopped just in time. I spent the better part of 3 hr in the bathroom drinking water and trying to throw up. Essentially I can breathe and talk, I can swallow water and even throw up, but still feels like I'm about to choke.

Now the next day - it feels like something is in my throat. I just ate waffles and no problem getting them to go down (with water) but till feels like something under my adams apple.

I've been very stressed lately - with all this coronavirus - like i'm sure we all are. i've been obsessing about it - really.

I've had all kinds of panic issue surface as physical manifestations over the years - could this be another common one?

I can't see a doctor - i live in a country where all clinics are closed - and the hospitals are full of COVID19 patients.

Advice?