Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain around lower chest after swallowing

Pain around lower chest after swallowing

Hi all I have dealth with anxiety so well lately but with this Covid thing it has got worse. Last night I had a drink and about 3 seconds later I get a pain in lower chest like somethings blocking it. It has been the same when I eat and drink everytime I get it. Only last a couple of seconds. I didn't think anything on it but then I googled. Ospheragus Cancer came up and now I am so scared. At 35 I hope there is something else but google is not helping. Anyone know what else it could be? No doctors now because of Covid.

Re: Pain around lower chest after swallowing

No help here then

It's only been a few hours, Willous, give people a chance? Honestly, it could be any number of things, but oesophageal cancer seems really unlikely.

Surely someone has had something like it before...just so anxious

I get that you're scared, and I'm sorry you're feeling awful. It might take a while to get a reply, though.

What are you doing to get your anxiety under control?

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Hi all I have dealth with anxiety so well lately but with this Covid thing it has got worse. Last night I had a drink and about 3 seconds later I get a pain in lower chest like somethings blocking it. It has been the same when I eat and drink everytime I get it. Only last a couple of seconds. I didn't think anything on it but then I googled. Ospheragus Cancer came up and now I am so scared. At 35 I hope there is something else but google is not helping. Anyone know what else it could be? No doctors now because of Covid.
    Willous. I will tell you that I had the same symptoms (still do now and again) and same fears for years. Especially that type of cancer as you google it and Dr Google will tell you it’s really hard to cure, and a nasty one.

You probably don’t have it.

But you are looking for reassurance and this is keeping you in the HA loop. You need to change your mindset.

Honestly the amount of times I made similar posts to yours (check my older posts) - I WASTED SO MUCH OF MY LIFE.

Do NOT waste years of your life like I did, you will NEVER forgive yourself.

Your attitude needs to change, right now, to one of “F*** it. I may have cancer, I may not. I may not even be able to see a doctor until it’s too late due to external factors that I can’t control. So what I am going to do is RELAX, and enjoy whatever time I have left whether that’s 70 years or 7 days.”

Don’t come back here asking for more reassurance. Change your mindset instead. If you don’t you’ll never break the cycle. Believe me I have been there, I know how you are feeling but just know that there is light at the end of tunnel.
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

I would say that it’s anxiety causing it. Anxiety causes all sorts of gastric issues. I get heartburn and reflux with mine. As well as a host of other unpleasantness.

Thanks all, bit calmer now. Had a little bit of acid reflux about half an hour ago. Eased of a little bit I think

Could it be a hiatus hernia maybe

Doctor said I have most likely stretched the oesophagus and to eat nothing hard over next few days. Hope she is right...was quite blunt on phone and said dont think it sounds like cancer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information