Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Constant fear of having a heart attack

Re: Constant fear of having a heart attack

Hi all I'm reading this and thinking I'm really going to have heart attack as non of you have mentioned symptoms I'm getting so I'm believing mine are real , with pain in my shoulder arm, neck , I'm so worried it's driving me crazy , I've had 3 ecg s over many years and now doctor won't give me another one , help !!!

I get pain in my middle chest, upper abdomen, left shoulder and arm, neck and jaw.. and I'm constantly freaking out id be having a heart attack..
    I also get short of breath too.
    I'm freaking out right now too!!!
    I've been to doctors and they all said everything is fine, I don't know what to do.. I'm so worried of having a heart attack..

Believe and trust the doctors when they say there is nothing wrong with your heart. I myself was in the same boat and that was 9 years ago. I had every symptom under the sun from skipped beats, flutters, pain in my chest and constantly checking my pulse every 5 mins. I was convinced i would drop dead any minute. And now when i look back i just think to myself why did i waste all those years worrying about nothing...... anxiety thats why. All anxiety and nothing more! I recommend reading dr claire weekes book on self help for your nerves as that book got me through some dark days. It will help you to control your fears of your symptoms and accept them for what they are which is just anxiety. Hope this reply helps in some way. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
    Believe and trust the doctors when they say there is nothing wrong with your heart. I myself was in the same boat and that was 9 years ago. I had every symptom under the sun from skipped beats, flutters, pain in my chest and constantly checking my pulse every 5 mins. I was convinced i would drop dead any minute. And now when i look back i just think to myself why did i waste all those years worrying about nothing...... anxiety thats why. All anxiety and nothing more! I recommend reading dr claire weekes book on self help for your nerves as that book got me through some dark days. It will help you to control your fears of your symptoms and accept them for what they are which is just anxiety. Hope this reply helps in some way. Feel free to pm me anytime.
    Hi how did you manage to overcome the fear and worry, you mention the book what else helped you. How do you convince yourself that what the docs say is true. No matter how much I tell myself that it is just anxiety I can't seem to accept it ?

Thanks

hi, im in the same boat.it started randomly one day, I had an anxiety attack, and since then I cannot even exercise because my heart rate goes up and I think Im having a heart attack. im afraid of death, the thought of how it feels to die and what happens afterwards. im afraid of having a stroke and heart attack, because when I have an anxiety attack, my left arm goes completely numb and the left side of my face aswell, I have sever chest pains and I have the feeling of not being here (distant to my body)
    im 18 and cannot continue with life until I learn to handle this anxiety. but I have hope that I will return to my normal self again, and im sure we all will. guess it just takes time.

Hi, I too, like everyone here, have a great fear of heart attack. I started to randomly get palpitations which scared the hell out of me. I guess my main fear is leaving my fiancee behind. I'm only 25 years old. I have many symptoms such as pain in left arm, jaw, chest everything. I've been to the emergency room about 4 times in the past 3 months. It wasn't until the last time that the doctor told me I could have a heart murmur so I went to a cardiologist. It turns out I do have a grade 1 heart murmur but he assures me I will be fine and should be able to live a healthy life. I am due back to get a stress test and an echocardiogram. I do exercise almost everyday and try not to push myself with fear I will hurt my heart. I absolutely hate this feeling. I think I will feel better after having the stress test and echocardiogram if everything comes out ok. When I think about it things get worse because every little thing I feel in my body I relate it to my heart. When I am at work since my mind is occupied I am totally fine. I know its all a mind game but it is a scary feeling living like this. I hope things look up in the future.

I was browsing the internet today when I found this forum. Most everyone who posted sounds exactly like me. Though the post are old, I hope this helps someone here or someone reading this who may have "googled" it In 2005-2006, I started experiencing irregular heartbeats. It would flutter, beats would get up to over 120 bpm doing nothing. I was scared. During this time, I also had GERD. I was in and out of the hospital several times with palpitations. I was certain I was going to die. They eventually did an EPS and couldn't find anything to fix. Thereafter, a new cardiologist, suggest I try magnesium. Guess what? It works. I promise you it works. You have to super-dose it but you will gradually see that your palpitations will go away and then you can also slowly reduce your dosage. Take 2 magnesium pills with each meal every day.........I can not praise this enough.....Here we are 10 years later, and magnesium healed it all. Do yourself this favor. Dont live in fear any longer. I hope this helps someone reading this.

Hi. I haven't read all replies, so please forgive me if you have received this advice already. My advice would be to take the advice of Claire Weekes and face, accept, float and let time pass. Face the thoughts, accept them and don't fight them, float and do not tense your body or any part of it, let time pass - this will vary from person to person, but realistically will take several weeks. You should find over time the thoughts bother you less and less. Good luck.

Many of your symptoms are the same that I have been experiencing for an extended period of time (years). I cannot tell you how debilitating I have found the sensations and worry that I am having a heart attack. It has affected my career, as it has meant I can rarely concentrate in meetings and whilst I carry out my work.

I have had all of the cardiology tests following some visits to the ER/Accident and Emergency. Th can find nothing wrong with me and assure me that it is merely panic.

The worst thing is how this anxiety has meant I have not always enjoyed my twenties and thirties.

It is funny how when I exercise I feel better and the sensations don't occur.

Cheers, Jon

Im scared of heart problems too. Am really struggling at the moment.

I dont have palpataions or skipped beats, Just severe chest pain. I get it after being active sometimes (but usually because when Im being active Im thinking "is this going to hurt me") but I also mostly get pain when Im doing absolutly nothing.

5 ECGS 3 weeks ago, another this June. I also had an ECG in 2012, 2011,2003 and 2000. All have been perfect. I have also had 2 chest xrays in the last 2 years and blood tests lat month. All normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information