Thread: Brain tumor worries

Brain tumor worries

My health anxiety has been under control now for at least 3 years but now its back don't know if its because of the corona virus but been having symptoms for a while now its all the time . It started with me having sinus problems then balance problems feeling nauseous head aches but not bad, feeling lightheaded smelling smoke that's not there acid reflux . I feel as if my head is sensitive and a bit weird also soar throat and slight cough there maybe some other symptoms but its been going on for a few weeks but seams worse now I don't know if to try an get a telephone appointment with my doctor or just leave it . I have had most of the symptoms before which could just be my sinuses but I don't know even if I ring the doctors I probably wouldn't be able to get an appointment and I don't want to waste there time

Re: Brain tumor worries

Well I had a telephone consultation yesterday with my doctor and told him my symptoms he said I don't have any of the red flag symptoms and he said if It gets any worse or start falling over or being sick get back in touch . I hate this and with no chance of seeing a doctor n person if it was something serious it could be to late to treat me don't know what to do feel helpless

Hey there, I was in your shoes about a month ago. I had a headache that was worse in the morning and I had a whooshing in my right ear (pulsatory tinnitus). Both of which are classic brain mass symptoms! So scary. I did have an appointment with my doctor and he gave me a neuro exam which was totally normal. The #1 symptom of a mass is a seizure. #2 symptom is loss of proprioception (like if you hold your arms out straight and level, then shut your eyes, one arm drops but you don't feel it). But a seizure is usually the first sign. My doctor said it was probably wise to schedule an MRI which I did...for two weeks out. During that time the headaches went completely away and the tinnitus/whooshing got a lot better. I still have no idea what caused this episode and may never know, but it's not a tumor. Oh, I also smelled smoke at one point, then had weird pulsating feelings at the base of my neck another time, and thought I was having blurred vision once or twice. I think this was ALL anxiety. It was also helpful to know that most tumors are benign. They won't spread even if you left it alone for a while. I have known 4 people in my 50 years with brain tumors and 3 (adults) were benign. One was a small child with a rare form of childhood brain cancer, who unfortunately did not make it, but it wasn't a matter of catching it in time...that form of cancer was not surviveable anyhow. So take heart! This is a terrible time to have health anxiety. I hope you stay well and these troubling symptoms just go away, like mine did.

Thanks for your reply FoxTrot123 I Thought I was doing ok for the the couple of days but I am back to square one I convinced that there is something wrong with me . I spoke to my doctor again on the phone yesterday and he gave me some antibiotics for my sinuses . I told him I wasn't getting any better I am really concerned now that it could be sinus cancer i am so worried and no I can not even get any treatment if I needed it as the nhs is so stretched because of the covid 19 outbreak . I don't know what to do

Still not feeling any better thought I may get a few reply's but no I honestly don't know what to do

You need to trust the doctor and take the antibiotics and watch and see

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Really struggling I can not sleep its 4am worrying all the time can not see a way out of this

All I can do is repeat what I said above.

Hope you feel better soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just had a massive panic attack i found a small lump on my gum I am positive it has been there for years but its really scared me its not sore and quite hard if it was cancer I am sure it would have got bigger over years

Thread Information