Thread: Every time I swallow I feel like something is stuck!

Every time I swallow I feel like something is stuck!

I have had random bouts of heartburn throughout my life but I’m nervous about this new symptom. Sunday I woke up and had been experiencing horrible heartburn all night. That day every time i are the food felt like it was getting stuck in my chest just above my stomach. It seems to be a little better today but still feels like that sensations there. Freaking myself out from everything I’ve read online. Has anyone else has this?

Re: Every time I swallow I feel like something is stuck!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I think most of us have had it.

Acid reflux/indigestion etc.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola. I should not have read what I read today. It def sent me to a spiral. Just hate the feeling of the food being “trapped” if that makes sense.

I'd like to add to the chorus here. I notice it's gotten much worse over the past month after the COVID crisis has started getting worse. I've also been burping a lot (taking in more air) and when I breathe out I do a daytime version of a snore.

And yes, a couple days ago I ate food so fast that I got that "trapped" feeling in my throat as well. My throat's been more sensitive to eating and drinking stuff as well...

I'm going to do a consultation with my ENT but it's scaring the heck out of me how this whole thing has affected my quality of life because my mind has started focusing on it so much.

I have exactly the same....chest pain too :-( I figure it’s a pretty anxious time for many. I have been under control for years now but this is totally freaking me out. If it’s still there in a week, I will do something about it. Until then I will try and ignore it. It’s getting marginally better I think.....maybe I burnt it with acid and it’s taking a while to heal.

Thread Information