Thread: Can't cope!!

Can't cope!!

Hi all
    I am so worried about another symptom and mnd/als!!
    I have a very stiff thumb/palm that has come on over the last few weeks. I can still use it but it feels odd. Put this together with my speech being a bit off and twitching I'm terrified. I've had speech problems a couple of months ago that went, but has come back. I am so very scared. I have multiple sclerosis, saw my neurologist end of January for ms checkup, and asked him about the twitching, he wasn't concerned and said I didn't have als/mnd. But I didn't have this thumb/palm issue then. Been to gp and they referred me back to neurologist but he said he wouldn't see me as he stands by what he said.
    So I'm at a loss now as gp won't do any more for me.
    Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated.

Re: Can't cope!!

The bottom line is it comes down to believing the medical experts who trained for years and see 100's and 100's of patients or your anxiety who only knows how to get into your head. You know what people here would say so....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Fishmanpa
    Thanks again for your speedy reply!!
    I do suffer with severe health anxiety as you can probably tell from my posts!!
    The wrist and speech worries me, and feel I'm being dismissed!! I know they are professional but my mind is always 'what if' they're wrong

Life will always be full of uncertainty, though, and the what ifs in this case are highly unlikely. Better to just get on with your life.

Hi Blueiris
    Thank you for your reply!!
    I am just so anxious about my speech and this wrist, and yes I think having both ms and mnd would be exceedingly rare!! I know that ms can mess with speech patterns too, just not sure about the hand though.
    I just have to hope these things will go away, but it's so hard to not think it could be something sinister.
    Thanks again

Hi there

I know exactly how you are feeling I’m currently undergoing a long long als fear - 15 months and counting and still convinced I have it !

Funnily enough this whole corona stress has taken my mind off it but sometimes it comes back on days and I am terrified

For what’s it’s worth I really think you are okay - the speech thing doesn’t come and go and it would be pretty obvious im told!

Hope you are okay

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    It's a horrid place to be!!
    What symptoms do you have to make you think you have it?

Hi there

I had the usual body wide twitching . And now I worry about my speech too . Feel like I’m constantly swallowing etc

Hi Murphy
    I'm with you on the constant swallowing too!! GP said it was anxiety related.
    My twitching comes and goes and neurologist said it is my ms causing it. I now worry about my wrist and while I focus on that the swallowing issue goes!! I just pray I am not dealing with another neurological disease.
    Have you had any testing?
    Take care

Hiya

Sorry for the late reply I only just seen this .

I haven’t been tested no I think my GP thinks it’s anxiety and I don’t want to waste nhs time over an issue I have been panicking over for a year and a half.

I think the swallowing is definitely allergies I have this feeling of mucus drip at the back of my throat and have done for 6 months Now

Its all so stressful wish I could just bloody move on with my life !!!

I actually feared ms first then moved onto als .

I hope you are taking care especially with all that’s going on just now

Thread Information