Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help bladder problem

Please help bladder problem

Hi there

I'm hoping for some help and advice .

About 3 weeks ago I had what I think was a bladder infection. It started with bladder pressure and peeing constantly . This went on for about 5 days until I went to docs . I had also dipped my urine in one of the surgeries I work in and all that showed was a trace of blood . Anyway took a sample to docs who dipped it and said nothing showing but sent it to lab to be cultured just incase . He also gave me antibiotics for 3 days . So lab results said no infection but took the antibiotics and after about 5 days it felt better .

Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks later and pressure is back with a vengeance the need to pee is awful no let up at all as soon as I pee the pressure starts immediately. I have dipped my urine and stick showing trace blood again but I honestly think my urine always shows this, symptoms or not no idea why though.

But as my health anxiety is soo bad just now I've managed to convince myself I have some awful disease and you can imagine the ones I mean .

What could this be if dipstick and lab saying no infection I'm also worrying why I have trace blood showing even though I don't know if this is just normal for me.

I've been taking natural remedies d-mannose and uvi ursi and drinking loads of water but nothing is working.

I really don't want to annoy the doctor as they are not letting anyone in the surgeries just now and they are overrun with phone consultation's.

Can anyone relate to these symptoms I'm 43 incase that helps ?

I would appreciate any input.

Thank you x

Re: Please help bladder problem

Hi Molly!

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. It sounds like it could be an inflamed bladder caused by stress or shift in hormones or allergies. I deal with something similar and it started to really kick in around 41 due to a period of yearlong unrelenting stress and a change in hormones (I'm 48 now). I would say to let go of the worry that something really awful is wrong. The likelihood of that is very small. You should be able to wait until after the virus shutdown on doing anything specific to rule out things and just focus on calming things down.

If you haven't done so already cut out all alcohol, caffeine, fizzy drinks, acidic drinks (even tea and some citric juices can aggravate things) and just stick with water for the time being. Also whenever you can try to do simple calming exercises every day. You can just do deep diaphramatic breathing (google it) for 15 minutes everyday and you will begin to see a reduction in urgency and pressure.

Hot water bottles can also help release some of the tension. I do them at night before bed and wind up sleeping with them. D Mannose is great for keeping things clear and clean but use the straight D Mannose, not the kind combined with cranberry extract. Marshmallow root tea can be calming to the bladder lining. It will make you pee but it will help relieve any inflammation.

Hope this helps! Don't hold on to any worry that something worse is going on!

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.

I totally hear what you are saying and I am extremely anxious at the moment.
    I am a frontline NHS worker and just been told I'm going into the new corona virus hubs so anxiety through the roof but I feel I have no choice as we all need to do our bit.

The pressure is awful today and must have been to loo about abut 20 times at least with no relief.

I'm now thinking the last uti 2 1/2 weeks ago just didn't really clear even though it showed up negative for bacteria but I know these tests are not that accurate sometimes.

I may need to resort to another antibiotic to clear it once and for all .

Just having a minute where I don't have the feeling of needing to wee would be so nice. Its driving me insane!

I understand your thinking, especially at the moment, but you're not bothering the doctor at all. What doctors definitely don't want is people ignoring stuff that can be easily sorted with a prescription. What I'm clumsily saying is that a phone appointment might be what you need and that it's ok to take one of these openings.

You're frontline in the NHS. We applaud you, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we want you to be well xx

Thank you so much I appreciate your words so much.

Yes I'm going to call the Doc tomorrow morning I can't bear another day in the loo .

Xx

Hi there

I'm losing my mind today with this constant need to pee . I called my Doc and got a call back from the nurse who says urinalysis is clear so no infection and told me to try a canestan pessary as thrush can cause these symptoms. I have no discharge no itching but do feel a little irratation down there.

So could thrush cause a constant urge to wee I mean constant.

I just find it strange that the antibiotics they gave me 3 weeks ago got rid of this feeling for 2 weeks before it came back and there was nothing found on urinalysis then either.

Another thing is my partner at the exact same time developed a urine infection for the first time in his life and his urine showed bacteria and he got different antibiotics and he has had no symptoms since. Doc said he doesn't think it can be passed on but to me it's far to much of a coincidence.

Any ideas ?

Could thrush cause these symptoms?

And does anyone think urine infections can be passed from partner to partner?

Thanks for your help .

xxxx

I've now taken another dose of trimethoprim since Saturday when I went to out of hours gp centre. It's day 4 and it's done nothing at all. I'm getting this horrible feeling the minute I pee it's like my urethra spasms but not painful but it gives me a immediate feeling I need to pee as soon as I've been. My anxiety is through the roof I'm thinking I have some awful disease I'm so scared . I keep thinking why do always have a trace of blood show on dipstick and now I have these awful symptoms. The strange thing is when my doc dips my urine he finds nothing even when I've just dpiped the same sample at home. But at the out of hours gp she said there was blood but my period started 3 hours later...... I'm honestly making myself so ill over these symptoms I feel I'm going to have a breakdown. .. Can my anxiety be causing spasms down there and making it worse ? I also have this hypersensitive feeling down below really strange feeling . I'm just not coping at all. I just cry all the time . Please help xx

Please someone help I'm losing my mind x

Hi Mollie!

Anxiety can most definitely cause frequency and urgency. Whenever I have to go in for medical test results (above and beyond usual tests), I am peeing non-stop. Do you guys do pyridium in the UK? It's used in the US sometimes for very rough UTI's. It's taken temporarily along with meds to help calm the spasms down. It was a godsend to me as a child as I would get frequent UTI's. Maybe you are dealing with a hyper-responsive bladder post-infection and because you are dealing with a large amount of stress. It might be worth a try?

Thanks for your reply there is certain meds here for over active bladder but at the moment can't get to see my own doc because of the virus . I can actually feel my bladder go into spasms not painful just can feel it moving about and the constant need to pee is taking over my life .Thank you again xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information