Thread: Throat playing up

Throat playing up

Crazy, crazy times at the moment, so right now is not the best time for my anxiety levels! I’m experiencing a sort of sore throat but not sore, it’s more that I feel I have to constantly swallow and clear my throat as I feel like it is obstructed, that something is making it uncomfortable, almost like there is mucus there.

I’ve been having this problem for a while, a few years, but it has never got to this stage where it is happening every day. I visited my GP around about a month ago about the problem, they took a look and said my throat looks inflamed and asked the usual questions, if I’m losing weight at a unnatural way, which I’m not as far as I know and if I’m having trouble swallowing food/drinks, which I’m also not. I was put on antibiotics which didn’t do much really.

The thing is, I just don’t know what it is. I have my problems with IBS, I’m not sure if I have acid reflux but I have been told it is very likely I have it even though I have never once actually brought anything up despite feeling sick. I will get that sick feeling, a burning sensation at the back of my throat, my mouth will dry up, I will keep swallowing and I clench my teeth as soon as a wave of nausea comes on. Sometimes too I will have a lot of gas/burping when I move around, which seems to relieve it ever so slightly, but then it will be back again in a short while. I’m just well and truly stumped as to what it is. I take tablets for anxiety too which I’ve started taking again given the stress with everything that is going on right now, but I’d like to know if anyone else is experiencing what I am experiencing? Would love to share thoughts.

Thankyou!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Throat playing up

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Throat playing up

Hi Lewis
    it may well be you have LPR? Or at least something like it - I’ve had the lump in my throat feeling for over a year (amongst other symptoms), there are ways of getting rid of it but most are lifestyle changes not quick fixes, so you don’t see the difference for at least a week or so (which does mightily suck).
    I’ve got mine to a manageable level, although I need to follow my own advice better - then maybe I can get myself symptom free!

If you have a look for my last post (click on my name, then find recent posts),I list the changes you can make - but they are all available easily on the interweb.

Stay strong!
    MaWi

Thread Information