Thread: Health anxiety concerns...currently female issues

Health anxiety concerns...currently female issues

Glad to find a forum where people understand. My health anxieties have been off the hook since I came into my 40's (five yrs ago). To make matters worse, I work in hospice. So, that just adds a whole new layer to anxiety. It seems that as soon as I have a test and get comfort about a symptom I'm having, we're back to square one a couple months later when another nefarious symptom pops up. I have this fear of dying from something diagnosed too late and to make matters worse...my brain has conjured up a date in my head that this is going to happen. In reality, I know this is completely ridiculous...but my mind won't stop with it. As of late, I am concerned about ovarian cancer. I had a pelvic ultrasound 6 months ago and it was fine, with the exception of a 9mm calcified cyst on my right ovary. I had forgotten about it, but started dealing with pelvic bloating, gas, belching, and heartburn in November 2019. I chalked it up to my IBS, though admittedly it hasn't been this bad before. It all seemed to progressively get worse over 5 months. This last week are started having left sided ovary area pain that hurts in the hip and travels toward the back on the left side. Feels like a side ache. I don't feel anything when palpating, but it still causes me great anxiety. I have another pelvic ultrasound this week, but I'm not sure how to keep myself calm between now and then. I'm so sick of letting anxiety rule my life.

Re: Health anxiety concerns...currently female issues

Hi there, I really feel for you, my anxiety got worse as I hit my 40s I'm 46 now , over the last 6 years I have has so many different symptoms that I have thought was cancer, my current worry is cervical cancer due to a very slight spot after being intimate with my hubby, if this had happened when I was worried about breast cancer I wouldn't have given it the time of day, so it shows how powerful health anxiety can grip you, I'm sure you are absolutely fine its hard to be rational we you have this what seems a very real fear, sometimes I look back on some of my post and think why did I worry about that it was rediculas.

I hope you can put your anxiety to the back of your mind

Herbie xxx

Thank you for your reply. It's comforting. I was surprised no one else commented, but I suppose there's lots of people posting about this same thing. I will say...I totally agree. Each time I feel like there's a health crisis and I work myself up into a frenzy...it always ends up being nothing and then I feel silly. I do appreciate you reaching out during my time of frenzy.

My anxiety is bad in my 40s too.
    I also have a cyst which was found after an ultrasound. What did they want to do with yours? Was it a case of watch and wait?
    Hope your appointment still goes ahead and you get some answers.

Thread Information