Hi all,
I haven't posted in a little while but drop by from time to time ...I always found such support amongst friends here when I sorely needed it.
I have had chronic GAD and panic disorder most of my 62 yrs and it has been ( mostly) managed by sympathetic friends family and doctors to the point where I can function.

(A special thankyou to Prince Valium here I think!)

I still have waves of cataclysmic black thoughts and rocking backwards and forwards on a regular basis though. I 'catastrophise' for England and, believe me, I have a VERY vivid imagination! Rabbit-holing my everloving wif calls it.

Never more so than during this current crisis.

I have developed early stage COPD which is a worry in itself. My B in law is in intensive care right now and my Sister has just been confirmed with CV as well.
Grim times.
I am desperately worried for them both. My wif and I planned to hunker down in our ramshackle cottage and,....just as the sun began to shine we had the most sickening outbreak of Fungal mould spores and I spotted the tell tale signs of Dry rot throughout thr whole house. We couldn 't breathe...nausea...sickness....panic. OMG!!

We can't go anywhere....call in builders...consult anybody....just stuck in a toxic prison for the duration. My wife in tears for days and my anxiety level, well I'm sure you can imagine.
A friend eventually offered us the short term use of their unused holiday let a day ago so we have just had to abandon our house for the forseeable.

I am close to the absolute edge and I fear the worst. We can't overstay our welcome here and have nothing to go back to but yet more mayhem and crisis.

Neither of us are coping. At all. I fear the worst and I can't be 'strong' for my wife.

I am not able to sleep or eat and my Valium intake is starting to rise from 'as needed ' to 'all day'.

Thankyou for reading this far people. A word of comfort would go a long way for us! Alternatively......
Anybody know anything about Dry Rot?

It doesn't seem to respond to Diazepam?

Be$t to all,

Widge