Thread: Worried my sister has Leukemia

Worried my sister has Leukemia

My hypochondria extends to the people around me, and now it's my sister I worry about. I worry that she has leukemia. She's pale, her eyes ALWAYS look dark and tired, she bruises easily and they take a long time to heal, she's nearly always fatigued, gets nose bleeds easily, and has bouts of having a very low appetite. I've often been baffled by these symptoms, wondering what on earth is wrong with her? Feels like SOMETHING is amiss, I figured some kind of vitamin deficiency or something. Well tonight she also told me that she's found a lump in her armpit. Being the hypochrondriac I am, I googled it and leukemia popped up. It caught my eye because of the other symptoms it listed.

Other than the lump, these things haven't all come on quickly- They've been the case for the past few years. I don't know if that means she's probably fine... I try to google for reassurance, to find out more, but all I find is things that make me more worried. I know that one of our aunts died from leukemia before we were born, but I don't want to ask my family about it, for fear of worrying all of them, too. Does anyone know much about this? I don't want to say to her 'I think you should definitely go to a doctor ASAP' and worry her if I'm just being foolish, because I know that would really scare her.

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful.
    Last edited by squiddy; 02-04-20 at 05:02.

Re: Worried my sister has Leukemia

Hi Squiddy,

I would encourage your sister to visit a doctor. Sounds like something easily treatable. Perhaps anemia, iron deficiency or many other conditions easily correctable that can cause these very issues. Perhaps a cause will not be found. In any case, a trip to the doctor is the only way to an answer.

Take care

Thread Information