Thread: Hope, advice and reassurance

Hope, advice and reassurance

Good evening everyone, hope we are all doing OK. You a have seen posts on here recently from me about some rather worrying symptoms that I have been having recently. Well they finally seem to be easing a little residual aches here and there very sore glands around my boobs (sorry gents) but otherwise they are getting better. What I am truly struggling with is horrendous thoughts, u see I have two daughters one of whom has multiple congenital heart conditions and I so so frightened this bug is going to get in the house. We have not been out other than the garden for nearly three weeks, we are having food delivered and antibacking it as soon as it comes through the door, I have isolated myself due to being unwell, but I have had to order goods from.from . argos and Amazon for my husbands and both daughters birthdays as they are in may and June early in both months and I s9 scared with the food deliveries mail and now parcels something will get in. It's hard at night to think rationally we have 12 long wees ahead maybe more in isolation and I am already terrified I cannot keep my family healthy and safe. Please can someone give me some comfort some advice am I worrying over nothing is it safe to hug the children as long as we feel well can we act as normal in the house as long as we don't come into contact with the outside world. But surely food an things and mail is the outside world. Please help can someone anyone just provide some words of reassurance that we are doing everything we can xxxx

Re: Hope, advice and reassurance

Covid-19 is transmitted via droplets when someone coughs or sneezes. Exhaling can also transmit it although it’s over a very short distance. The virus, in theory, can survive on surfaces but it’s highly unlikely to survive for more than a few minutes on parcels and things like that.

If you wash your hands after handling parcels etc then you’re good to go. The virus can only infect you if it touches your eyes, nose or mouth, as the skin does not have the required mucus membranes required to carry viruses.

Practice decent hand hygiene and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands and that’s about it. You’ll be ok if you do those things.

Thank you so much Gary a for your reply xx I am honestly so relieved to talk to someone about it. I know it sounds silly but my family are my world and I am.so scared for my eldest daughter xxx can I just ask a follow on question, I have ordered my youngest a waffle dog for her birthday it's a soft cuddly dog no its from argos and should be packaged but if it's open as in the soft toy is exposed would wiping it over with soap and water work xxx or am I just being super over cautious I just hate the thought of it getting in here. Also are you able.to be less than two meters apart if u are all.well.and in your house and hug if u are symptoms free. Sorry I know this is probably the most silly thing you have heard but I'm. Honestly so scared of passing things on xx but twelve weeks is such a long time for them.t9 g0 with out a reassuring hug or holding hands or playing lego together e6c. It's just so.confusing on the media etc

Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
    Thank you so much Gary a for your reply xx I am honestly so relieved to talk to someone about it. I know it sounds silly but my family are my world and I am.so scared for my eldest daughter xxx can I just ask a follow on question, I have ordered my youngest a waffle dog for her birthday it's a soft cuddly dog no its from argos and should be packaged but if it's open as in the soft toy is exposed would wiping it over with soap and water work xxx or am I just being super over cautious I just hate the thought of it getting in here. Also are you able.to be less than two meters apart if u are all.well.and in your house and hug if u are symptoms free. Sorry I know this is probably the most silly thing you have heard but I'm. Honestly so scared of passing things on xx but twelve weeks is such a long time for them.t9 g0 with out a reassuring hug or holding hands or playing lego together e6c. It's just so.confusing on the media etc
    Again, the virus is only airborne if it is exhaled, coughed or sneezed out of someone carrying it. Inanimate objects like a stuffed toy would not be adequate to allow the virus to survive for long enough to be infectious. In the highly unlikely event that it is, just wash your hands after you touch it. Wash it if it makes you feel better but I do think you’re taking it a bit far.

If you’re all isolating in the same home then you’re not at risk of being infected. If you’ve all been indoors for almost 3 weeks then you’re almost certainly not carrying the virus.

The advice is 2 metres apart when in public places, this does not apply to families who live together in their own homes.

I think you need to try and relax a bit. I understand your concern for your daughter completely but it sounds like you’re doing all the right things. There’s absolutely no reason to treat every object like a potential virus transmitter, all the evidence suggests that the vast majority of infections come from other people. There’s actually very little evidence at all of infections being spread by virus particles living on surfaces.

Thankyou gary a I am so sorry I honestly thought I had replied to you xxx thankyou for your advice I came out of hiding today mixed with my family and I have felt so much better. my daughters and even had a mini dance party to cheesy music 😍. Course this made my chest tight and my temp go up mini panic but reigned it in dusted myself off and thought about it and put it Down to the fact I'd been jumping around moments before 😂😂😂thankyou for helping xx

Thread Information