Thread: Young and Healthy but still worried??

Young and Healthy but still worried??

Hello everyone

I am 28 years old and healthy but I am still worried about getting a severe case of Coronavirus. I keep seeing these social media posts by young people with supposedly no underlying health conditions have severe cases.

this has me worried because this is my demographic. I have to keep telling myself that this is a rare occurrence but I still worry about it.

I try to not leave the house but I feel like I have to at times for groceries and food. I sanitize every grocery when I bring into the house and wipe down all counters and surfaces every day.

In spite of this I am still very much worried

Re: Young and Healthy but still worried??

Everyone is worried - we just have to get on with it and keep ourselves safe.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Hello everyone

I am 28 years old and healthy but I am still worried about getting a severe case of Coronavirus. I keep seeing these social media posts by young people with supposedly no underlying health conditions have severe cases.

this has me worried because this is my demographic. I have to keep telling myself that this is a rare occurrence but I still worry about it.

I try to not leave the house but I feel like I have to at times for groceries and food. I sanitize every grocery when I bring into the house and wipe down all counters and surfaces every day.

In spite of this I am still very much worried
    Totally understandable, as there are still so many unknowns about this dreaded CV.

Remember, in the case of otherwise healthier younger people catching CV and subsequently dying from it, such phenomena still very much remains the exception, rather than the rule.
    And virtually the inverse situation of the Swine Flu pandemic of 2009, demographic-wise.

And you are most certainly doing the right things by only leaving your house for essential reasons such as shopping and sanitising everything you have purchased and all surfaces, etc, once you arrive back home, which is exactly what we do.

And if you want to stop worrying about those rare cases, stop reading about them.

So the past few days I have felt fine. I went running for 3 miles yesterday. I did feel a tad bit out of breath but I attribute that to my anxiety. I felt fine after stopped running.

I really haven’t left my house lately except to go walking. At the same time. Staying at home all day has made me lazy. I want to go out and do stuff but i can’t. So I just lay on the couch or in bed and read. Haha

Thread Information