Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCOS and Age? Chances of Pregnancy?

Re: PCOS and Age? Chances of Pregnancy?

Hey there, I've just been reading through your thread. I'm so sorry you're feeling so low about things at the moment.
    I can't offer any advice on your PCOS or why you haven't had a period since coming off the pill.

But do you have a doctor you can talk to? I know it can take time for the body to settle down after stopping the pill but I've no idea how long it can take. It probably wouldn't do any harm to ring the doctor to see if this is normal, or if there's anything you can do to bring on your period. Don't let it be going around in your head stressing you when a doctor might be able to give you a simple explanation.

And as for having a baby, nobody knows what the future holds. You still have plenty of time to get pregnant so please don't lost hope. I have a friend who always wanted to have kids. That's all she ever talked about. By the time she was 35 she had no kids and no boyfriend but refused to give up hope. She met someone when she was 37 and was pregnant a year later. She had twins and she will be 40 this year. So there's always hope.

I'm not sure what your neck scan is about tomorrow but the best of luck with it. I hope it goes well xx

Spoke to my doctor last week about it, she said it was likely down to my PCOS, and that I should try lose some weight to help, which I've wanted to do, but I can't seem to budge it at all lately and I'm not overeating at all, actually keeping to a calorie deficit.

I'm having a hard week this week, I've had mild cramping and feel bloated or just big. To be in my healthy weight range I need to lose about 21lbs. I'm also feeling very worried and anxious about Ovarian Cancer, which I Googled (I know) and it talks of 'vague' symptoms and some of what I had was there, like bloating and cramps with no periods (though I have PCOS and just stopped the pill almost 4 months ago now). I'm also having very tender breasts, which I always get before my periods but so far no period.

She said if my period didn't come in the next few weeks (think she said 4-6 weeks), just to go back on the pill.

I have so much on my mind, I feel overloaded and I am super tired too. I don't know what to do really.

Still no periods, and I'm having ocassional very mild cramps. It'll be 4 months in a few days, and I'm just feeling worried. I also keep thinking about ovarian cancer because of what it all says about the symptoms. I have PCOS so I know that is a part of it, not to mention all the stress, and I'm having terrible acne, I can't seem to lose weight, in fact I seem to be gaining (if slowly, even though I'm watching what I'm eating and staying within a calorie deficit). Not sure what I'm doing wrong, and always so tired from worry and fear.

I don’t see why you’re worried about ovarian cancer when everything points to PCOS Mischa. Your doctor has told you this.

Also in your age group, is relatively unheard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just not myself at the moment, and the PCOS is making it all very hard, I've even fallen back into binging on chocolate, which isn't even making me feel good, I just feel sick. I know this is like hormones gone wild right now. I'm just wondering if its best for me to just go back on the BC pill to help with all the symptoms I'm suffering from now, no periods, acne, weight fluctuating (mainly gaining), binging on sweets, etc. It's all becoming a bit too much to handle at the moment, espcially in lockdown. I'm just worrying about my weight getting out of control, I've already put on 5lbs or so in the last 4 months, which feels like a 100lbs.

It may help to even control my cravings that seem out of control right now.

Thanks Scass, I'm just very stressed out with so many things at the moment.

I think I’ve put on a similar amount too. Lockdown is hard for everyone, and you need to get through the days as well as you can.
    I know you have dogs, so do you get out for exercise?
    Go back on BC if you think it may help, it might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Scass Yeah, I walk them everyday, just don't think I'm getting enough walking though. I give the dogs a good run, but probably not getting enough myself. Yeah, I know I need to try harder, I think this lockdown has just made me feel much more isolated and restricted than I realized. I'll work on trying to get a bit more exercise first, and then work on cutting back on the craving foods and go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information