Thread: Lymph node worry

Lymph node worry

Hello, as pretty much a lot of people here I am concerned over a couple lymph nodes. I have 2 pea sized nodes that are shotty that seem to move together. I can feel the 2 separately but they always move together. And after some googling (I know, I know) it seems this could be "matted" and never a good sign according to online. Also doesn't help they are on the back side of my neck, posterior cervical or something.

Anyways, I don't have any other symptoms and have remained the same size for awhile. Guess I'm just scared that this is just some dormant cancer that has been missed all this time.

Re: Lymph node worry

Quote Originally Posted by Coderuler8 View Post
    Hello, as pretty much a lot of people here I am concerned over a couple lymph nodes. I have 2 pea sized nodes that are shotty that seem to move together. I can feel the 2 separately but they always move together. And after some googling (I know, I know) it seems this could be "matted" and never a good sign according to online. Also doesn't help they are on the back side of my neck, posterior cervical or something.

Anyways, I don't have any other symptoms and have remained the same size for awhile. Guess I'm just scared that this is just some dormant cancer that has been missed all this time.
    Hi Coderuler8

I'm going to use some of your own words to ground you in reality.

pea sized nodes
    Normal lymph nodes are described often as "pea sized".

shotty
    Shotty nodes are described as normal lymph nodes that were once reactive (normal) and have never gone fully back to normal size. This is normal.

I can feel the 2 separately but they always move together.
    I assume this of no concern because malignant matted nodes don't move at all.

I don't have any other symptoms and have remained the same size for awhile. Guess I'm just scared that this is just some dormant cancer that has been missed all this time.
    As Fishmanpa will say, "cancer doesn't stop growing." Cancer doesn't lie dormant, waiting to sneak up when your life least expects it. It grows continuously and causes symptoms because it doesn't stop growing.

Take a deep breath and realize that you've probably discovered some normal lymph nodes you may have never noticed before.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    As Fishmanpa will say.....
    Dang NDY, you took the type out of my fingers with that reply!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you! This has really helped me. Sorry this is a late reply but I have been feeling better, I think working from home is helping is some odd way haha I appreciate this, thank you again.

Thread Information