Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Time lockdown will last?

Re: Time lockdown will last?

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    back to the topic at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The Times tomorrow suggesting we will go with herd immunity as we risk damaging mental health and jobs for the younger. Anybody got the link to the article but most papers going with the lockdown will come under pressure to end it soon by April 21st? Just interested to hear what people think if that’s the right way to go?
    Sadly, the topic really is a political issue. We're all going through that right now. We the people are relying on the government personnel that were put into place to guide and support us. The very first post is what seems to be dividing us even more. What information and more importantly, who do you believe and trust? Decisions will be made regardless of our political leanings, feelings or the risks to our health, and that's the way is I'm afraid. A lot of damage has already been done and realistically, its going to be a while until we reach the "new normal".

We all have to find our way with coping with it and granted its different for everyone but we'll get through it. What choice do we really have? When I was going through my illnesses, I took a one day at a time approach and it really helped me cope with the physical and mental challenges I endured. I'm approaching this crisis in the same way and its greatly helped the stress levels. I'm following the words in my signature and that's been the greatest help.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 19-04-20 at 21:40.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I hear they are protesting about the lockdown in America. How different we are in the UK..Unless things start to get lifted in 2 weeks I think people will stop listening
    People get annoyed when they think they can't do what they want, especially in these entitled times. But beyond the covidiots there is real concern by many about their businesses, jobs and homes. You can understand why they want answers and may be unhappy.

But the plonkers who just want it gone so they can get back to shoe shopping, drinking and going to festivals...their concerns aren't of any importance.

The media are banging on about dates and exit plans. It's a boon to all the paid "experts" who pop up with their speculation.

Just ignore it and await government announcements. Nothing else matters.

I've been impressed by how people in my area have mostly cooperated. I think this shows they do care and think of others. There will be a test as people return to work as getting closer to normal may mean people relax their attitudes too much.

It seems like the choice has now become either the hammer or the nail. Bad economy versus the virus. Which one is going to hurt us most?

I'd vote virus any day over lost of money and material wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    It seems like the choice has now become either the hammer or the nail. Bad economy versus the virus. Which one is going to hurt us most?

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Zealand moving out of lockdown in Monday 27th May: (from level 4 to level 3) ...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12326157

Here's where we are in the UK.

"596 dead - see page 4"

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSun/st...86188866596864

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post

With you there. I'm self-employed and the manner in which I pay myself means I get no government support. My company could go bust and that'd be that. But economies recover: the dead do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Here's where we are in the UK.

"596 dead - see page 4" https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSun/st...86188866596864
    the daily deaths are dropping but it's so sad

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    the daily deaths are dropping but it's so sad
    Unfortunately this is where we are and don't forget the UK has fourteen times the population of NZ, twice your population in Greater London alone - it's inevitable. Some countries will have handled this well; others... not so. Also, that figure is a "Sunday figure" so expect it to jump up again today and tomorrow. To be honest, I watch the reported cases more closely but I simply do not trust the Government to not massage the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    But economies recover: the dead do not.
    Pamplemousse, the best observations are often the simplest, like yours here.

And to any ill feeling or offence taken a few posts back, its only natural when emotions are near the surface, when uncertainty is the daily status quo. We are all riding the same wave regardless of our race, creed, colour or nationality.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information