Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Time lockdown will last?

Re: Time lockdown will last?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Some countries will have handled this well; others... not so.
    Personally I believe this to be largely true, as well as population of countries eg the population of Ireland and New Zealand is approx. 5 million, Ireland (Eire) has 15,652 confirmed cases of Covid19 and 687 deaths where as New Zealand has 1,440 confirmed cases and 12 deaths.

I'm aware that the Eire shares a border with Northern Ireland (pop 1.8 million) and that they both have special trade agreements with UK and that Eire is still part of the EU.

Last edited by WiseMonkey; 21-04-20 at 02:33.

Union seeks legal immunity for NHS medics in pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ligence-claims

It accepts that doctors should be accountable for their actions and it is therefore calling for a public debate over legal immunity and whether the NHS should be able to be sued for patient care related to the Covid-19 outbreak. It says any compensation paid out would be a drain on NHS resources and the taxpayer as well as being damaging to staff morale.

^ what's offensive about that haka?

Ofcom ruling of David Icke's 5G conspiracy theory interview and the poor comments of Eamonn Holmes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52358920

In addressing that Icke piece...

It said the interview, recorded on 18 March and broadcast on London Live on 8 April, "included potentially harmful content about the coronavirus pandemic".

While not mentioning 5G by name, Icke referred to an "electro-magnetic, technologically generated soup of radiation toxicity" that he claimed had damaged old people's immune systems.

He also claimed that official health advice aimed at reducing the spread of the virus were being implemented to further the ambitions of a clandestine "cult", rather than to protect public health.

Ofcom said it was "particularly concerned" by Icke "casting doubt on the motives behind official health advice to protect the public from the virus".

"These claims went largely unchallenged during the 80-minute interview and were made without the support of any scientific or other evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    ^ what's offensive about that haka?
    I thought it was rather funny but then no one can do the Haka like the NZ All Blacks rugby team or a group of Maori performers.

My concern is that they are not social distancing, unless all those nursing staff are in the same bubble (isolated group living together and not having any contact outside of the hospital)

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    I thought it was rather funny but then no one can do the Haka like the NZ All Blacks rugby team or a group of Maori performers.

My concern is that they are not social distancing, unless all those nursing staff are in the same bubble (isolated group living together and not having any contact outside of the hospital)
    Since they are NHS staff it will have been carefully managed inline with infection control procedures.

Seemed funny to me too but I doubt that was the motive behind posting it..

Agreed on the best performers although I'm not sure I would want to take on that nurse threatening to stick something right up somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Personally I believe this to be largely true, as well as population of countries eg the population of Ireland and New Zealand is approx. 5 million, Ireland (Eire) has 15,652 confirmed cases of Covid19 and 687 deaths where as New Zealand has 1,440 confirmed cases and 12 deaths.

I'm aware that the Eire shares a border with Northern Ireland (pop 1.8 million) and that they both have special trade agreements with UK and that Eire is still part of the EU.

Nothing has changed even though we left the EU in January. Whilst in the transition phase we continue as normal. But even after the plan is to prevent compromising cross border travel or trade on the island.

The EU were criticised for their slow response, just as we were, and it came down to backpeddling once enough countries started closing their borders and restricting freedom of movement. The EU tend to be slow in reacting but normally they have more time to meet up. So they will have to look at improving that in case this happens again as they can't drag their feet with countries arguing over what to do as they could with something like the refugee crisis.

The trade discussions only recently started. They seem to be happening in some fashion but since the media now have a new focus they have forgotten all about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

Meanwhile, 15 elderly patients are flatlining in the room next door...

We can still have a bit of fun and put a smile on faces amongst all the bloody doom and gloom
    Good on them

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Meanwhile, 15 elderly patients are flatlining in the room next door...
    What's scarier is that the NHS is basically being given the license to murder people.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information