Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Time lockdown will last?

Re: Time lockdown will last?

A mixture, actually. Learners can log into the virtual classroom and access worksheets, quizzes and videos, but there's also a lot of teaching going on via Zoom. They've been submitting assignments via online dropboxes for years, in any case, and we have MS Office 365 so all learners can access versions of the standard Office software. It's a work in progress, helped by the fact that a lot of the big edtech companies are offering their services for free.

Interesting - what sort of participation rates are you getting?

Honestly? We're getting better participation than when we try and ask them to attend

Joking apart, do you think this is because the students can self-pace to some extent and fit it around what they wish to do?

I'd love to think they have that much self-awareness, but my gut instinct is that it's a combination of novelty value and the sheer boredom of being indoors away from their mates.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'd love to think they have that much self-awareness, but my gut instinct is that it's a combination of novelty value and the sheer boredom of being indoors away from their mates.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think so, yes. Honestly, I'm not sure schools will reopen again before the new academic year.
    I have heard that they are planning a possible reopen in June, ahead of a possible 2nd wave. Why not just keep them shut?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I have heard that they are planning a possible reopen in June, ahead of a possible 2nd wave. Why not just keep them shut?!
    That would coincide with what used to be "O" level season when I was at school, post- what would have been Whitsun half term.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I can't help but believe the US situation - and its response to it - will be seen entirely by the psychopath Trump as "what will serve my re-election best?"
    I agree, and this could come back to bite DT in his narcissistic backside! New York is the largest state to be hit and it's Democratic, so in DT's mind it's not that important, likewise Washington state (Seattle). But as covid spreads southward (there are large pockets in Florida already), the elderly Republican voters will hit hard. Then what will happen to his voter base!

The Obama administration put a strategic plan in force in case of a pandemic and Trump disbanded it! There has to be some karmic come back somewhere along the line, how can a president (in this day and age), sacrifice thousands of his populace for the sake of his re-election campaign.
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 05-04-20 at 01:10.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information