Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So scared I can’t stop crying

Re: So scared I can’t stop crying

Hi all. I'm going through the ALS fear too. It started with these small jerks of my head (only noticeable to myself) and then random twitching all over my body at random times. I also feel extremely weak and shaky, and random muscles seem to move at random times. I phoned my doc the other day to increase my anxiety medication... He said it sounded like anxiety symptoms and he said he didn't think it sounded like ALS. Obviously I'm still expecting more symptoms to develop. I can totally relate to all your posts, especially when you saw the neurologist and he said "Could I be wrong, yes". That would've triggered me to freak out too. I had weird anxiety dreams all last night and night before about me being in the doctors surgery and I kept asking them for reassurance it isn't ALS.... Feel so drained :( My body is even twitching as I'm typing this. *sigh*

Back again with same fears. I hade my EMG and nerve conduction study done in June and it all came perfectly normal. Neurologist told me to stop worrying, but then says “could you go on to develop als in 6 months? Maybe But I don’t know” wow dude thanks for that. Well anyway after that I was anxiety free for quite some time and all my twitches went away!! But slowly my anxiety started creeping back in and with it came the twitches :/ now I’m having pain in my left forearm, elbow, wrist and thumb along with twitching and my thumb shakes if I move it a certain way. I shouldn’t have googled these symptoms, I know!! But please someone tell me why everything I see on google says muscle pain and twitching is one of the first signs of als??? I’m so scared. So freaking scared.

Muscle pain can also be directly linked to excess tension during periods of heightened anxiety - as can twitches. I’ve had both.

You are right. I’m just so concerned as it’s this one arm only and not both. Wish I had never learned about als.

I have all these symptoms as well. My arm aches and feels weak. I carry my 3 year old on that side. I’m having twitching all over randomly. I have neck stiffness. A tremor like thing in my thumb when scrolling on my phone. And I have overactive reflexes. I have been in this hole for a few weeks and I’m losing my mind. I’m going to neurologist tomorrow and I’m so scared. So scared.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information