Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So scared I can’t stop crying

Re: So scared I can’t stop crying

I've followed your thread and I could see the classic ALS rabbit hole sucking you in from the first post. In my personal experience and opinion delving into the world of hypochondria, I've found the ALS rabbit hole to be one of the deepest. Please know I'm not making light of your fear. I know, to you, this is very real. That said, to me, who sees what you've written, taken into context the FACTS about ALS and nearly word for word similarities to most ALS fear threads, while you have a physical cause and effect, your interpretation and subsequent mental spiral are heavily skewed due to your anxiety and you're suffering the physical side effects of stress added to the actual physical issue that started it.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 12-04-20 at 18:58.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m back after having a few worry free days. I originally didn’t come back to the thread after fishmanpa’s reply because he is such a voice of level headed reason and I felt ridiculous. Things were starting to go better for me, I was feeling a bit less weak, symptoms seemed less. And then yesterday I started noticing Myoclonus. I was just sitting relaxing and my leg jerked a bit by itself. And then the other leg did it a little while later. And it continued as such today. I googled (I know I absolutely should never google) to see if anxiety could cause this. But could only find horrible diseases it could be a symptom of. Including ALS. I just feel doomed. And hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasfree View Post
    I’m back after having a few worry free days. I originally didn’t come back to the thread after fishmanpa’s reply because he is such a voice of level headed reason and I felt ridiculous. Things were starting to go better for me, I was feeling a bit less weak, symptoms seemed less. And then yesterday I started noticing Myoclonus. I was just sitting relaxing and my leg jerked a bit by itself. And then the other leg did it a little while later. And it continued as such today. I googled (I know I absolutely should never google) to see if anxiety could cause this. But could only find horrible diseases it could be a symptom of. Including ALS. I just feel doomed. And hopeless.
    The dragon will grab onto a grain of salt to keep itself alive

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The dragon will grab onto a grain of salt to keep itself alive

Positive thoughts
    I don't mean to intrude on this thread but this post was the first I saw when I opened the site today and wow did I need to see that. It's like it was meant for me. Lol thanks Fishmanpa.

Wishiwasfree...anxiety CAN do that. Just like it caused my muscle twitches for months on end as well as what my doctor called perceived weakness. Not true weakness when tested , however. Remember that anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms or simply make u notice them more.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by whome; 14-05-20 at 00:57.

Thank you everyone! It’s so nice for people who understand to take time out of their day to try and make a stranger feel better. I’ve been having a few better days, a little less worry. I wish my darn bicep would stop twitching! It is driving me insane. I’m so ready to see the neurologist on Monday.

Thank you everyone! It’s so nice for people who understand to take time out of their day to try and make a stranger feel better. I’ve been having a few better days, a little less worry. I wish my darn bicep would stop twitching! It is driving me insane. I’m so ready to see the neurologist on Monday.
    Have you gone to the neurologist yet? Just checking in on you and your anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Have you gone to the neurologist yet? Just checking in on you and your anxiety.

Hi! Thank you for checking on me, it means a lot. Anxiety has been a bit less, as has the twitching. (Knocks on wood) I did have my neurologist appointment, and it really did not set my mind at ease as I’d hoped it would. He looked my arms and legs over back and front, looking for atrophy I guess. Looked in my mouth. Tested both knee reflexes and a couple on my arms. He told he does not think I have ALS. Then he had to go and throw in “could I be wrong, yes. But I don’t think I am.” Well you know my mind latched onto that and I felt like my heart dropped into my stomach when he said that. He told he does not think I even need an EMG but he would give me one if it would put my mind at ease. So I’m having one June 10th. Pretty nervous. Also he wants to get a ck blood test, I think that tests for muscle deterioration?! So of course after I left his office I’m like, if he doesn’t think I have it why do I need this blood test to check for muscle deterioration?!? Ugh I hate my mind.

Hi! Thank you for checking on me, it means a lot. Anxiety has been a bit less, as has the twitching. (Knocks on wood) I did have my neurologist appointment, and it really did not set my mind at ease as I’d hoped it would. He looked my arms and legs over back and front, looking for atrophy I guess. Looked in my mouth. Tested both knee reflexes and a couple on my arms. He told he does not think I have ALS. Then he had to go and throw in “could I be wrong, yes. But I don’t think I am.” Well you know my mind latched onto that and I felt like my heart dropped into my stomach when he said that. He told he does not think I even need an EMG but he would give me one if it would put my mind at ease. So I’m having one June 10th. Pretty nervous. Also he wants to get a ck blood test, I think that tests for muscle deterioration?! So of course after I left his office I’m like, if he doesn’t think I have it why do I need this blood test to check for muscle deterioration?!? Ugh I hate my mind.
    As you said...he said the testing was to ease your mind. That's why he's doing the tests. Don't overthink it. You said it yourself. If it were up to him he wouldn't have even scheduled them.

Before he made the comment about "could I be wrong?" Had he already told you that you didn't have it? Did you continue to question him seeking reassurance and that was his reply? Only asking bc I seek reassurance so hard during anxiety that I ask the same questions from every angle. The doctor's answer almost seems like a response to questioning. Maybe your anxiety only truly let you hear this one part of what he said.

Sounds like he did a thorough exam. Reflexes, muscle response must've been normal for him to him to decide that he didn't think you needed an EMG.

I think you will feel much better after your EMG. I don't know if you have ever had one. I had heard stories of how painful they were. It didn't bother me. I have a high pain tolerance or maybe it was that I was looking so forward to knowing what was going on that I just didn't care lol it's really not that bad so don't be nervous over the test itself. You can put all of this anxiety behind you after your appt.

So sorry you’re going through this. I am in a deep spiral of anxiety over this as well. I also feel weakness in the arm/hand that I use to carry all of my kids including my 20+ lb baby. I think that is a huge factor though - repetitive stress can cause muscle weakness. I hope you get some peace of mind soon - I keep re-reading the facts post whenever I am panicking.

Thanks for the reply’s. I’m lousy with replying the way I should. I swear every time a symptom goes away two new ones show up in its place. I’m so emotionally drained from the constants anxiety. And I still have one whole week until my emg/ncs. The twitching has left my bicep and moved too the sides of my palms, random places on my abdomen and my right thigh :/ Not to mention now it feels like saliva is getting stuck in my throat, same weird feelings in my tongue, tickles inside my nose like I constantly have to sneeze and can’t. And I swear a couple of times I felt like I had nasal regurgitation when drinking something. I’m so scared I can’t think straight. And when I asked my neurologist if he would check my bulbar muscles he said no that he didn’t think he needed to! Idk I’m just beside myself and mentally planning my own funeral and saying goodbyes to my children :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information