Thread: Hey there, newbie here

Hey there, newbie here

Hi all,

Greetings from right near the epicenter of the Black Plague here in the USA...I'm in New Jersey, and we have the second-highest rates of coronavirus in the country right now. Which is part of what brings me here. I had pre-existing anxiety conditions, for which I was taking medication, and this situation is definitely not helping. AT. ALL. Add in to that the fact that I can no longer see my therapist. No, Telehealth does not work for me; I am deaf, and I don't feel like having my therapy session translated by the good people at the Video Relay services (the sign language interpreters who would translate my hearing therapist's spoken words into sign language onto my computer screen.) Add to that the fact that I'm considered an "essential" employee, paid a pittance to stock the shelves in a big box store (we sell food so yes we are still open) and quaking in fear of the idea of possibly bringing the virus home to my 70 year old parents, with whom I live.

I don't think I would even NEED an official diagnoses to be anxious in the first place, given all this, but here we are.

So. Hoping to find some like-minded people here with whom I can shoot the shit and hopefully gain some insights on how to beat down the feeling that there's a banshee inside me screaming and gibbering in abject terror.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya ShinyDarkness and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hey there, newbie here

Hi ShinyDarkness! I understand how you’re feeling and I think you’ll find many here from all over the world that are of the same mindset right now. I’m also an “essential” worker although in a much less essential industry in my opinion, but it is what it is. I just keep plugging along and trying to control what I can - which is my own hygiene and staying home whenever I don’t have to be at work.

Re: Hey there, newbie here

Hi and welcome. I'm back on the site after many years of relatively low levels of anxiety.

Health anxiety is my thing...wish it wasn't. But I suppose any form of anxiety is crap.

What are you doing to help control your anxiety?

Thread Information