Hi all,

Greetings from right near the epicenter of the Black Plague here in the USA...I'm in New Jersey, and we have the second-highest rates of coronavirus in the country right now. Which is part of what brings me here. I had pre-existing anxiety conditions, for which I was taking medication, and this situation is definitely not helping. AT. ALL. Add in to that the fact that I can no longer see my therapist. No, Telehealth does not work for me; I am deaf, and I don't feel like having my therapy session translated by the good people at the Video Relay services (the sign language interpreters who would translate my hearing therapist's spoken words into sign language onto my computer screen.) Add to that the fact that I'm considered an "essential" employee, paid a pittance to stock the shelves in a big box store (we sell food so yes we are still open) and quaking in fear of the idea of possibly bringing the virus home to my 70 year old parents, with whom I live.

I don't think I would even NEED an official diagnoses to be anxious in the first place, given all this, but here we are.

So. Hoping to find some like-minded people here with whom I can shoot the shit and hopefully gain some insights on how to beat down the feeling that there's a banshee inside me screaming and gibbering in abject terror.