Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My experience of very mild Coronavirus

Re: My experience of very mild Coronavirus

Hi my friend Noivous

Yes, we did too. The people I knew said it wasn't the flu, but some weird virus.
    Will certainly pray and applaud your wife Noivous.
    My cousin also delivers and sets up the much needed ventilators. He's a laid back sort of person, but you still worry, don't you?
    Personally, this virus has been spreading far longer than we realise, the current figures show that, but we have to remember the majority recover, some not knowing they've had it at all. x

There is a lot going on with the healthcare workers right now. Heroes and fear are not mutually exclusive. They are dealing with the mixed emotions of patient care versus their's and their families safety. Not to mention the chaos and confusion going on in the hospitals of dealing with the unknown. Also, try working a 12 hour shift covered from head to toe in PPE making the simplest of tasks extremely arduous. And of course then there is witnessing the dying going on. Tough stuff. So hats off to all the healthcare workers around the world. God bless em...especially one in particular.

N.

Interesting post.

I have a feeling there's a small chance I had this a couple of weeks back, but my symptoms were extremely mild :-

1 - 3-5 days of weird, dry throat. Became hoarse for 2-3 days and my voice kept 'breaking' when I spoke. No real pain or cough.

2 - A couple of days of extreme fatigue. I spent two days on the sofa in an out of sleep dozens of times. I could not fight this, and even standing up for 5 minutes became unbearable.

3 - Sporadic migraine type pain.

4 - Very painful right eye, felt like I had some sand on top of my right eye ball.

5 - A couple of days of odd chills. I woke up at night a few times with unbearable cold shivers. No fever.

6 - Complete loss of appetite for over a week. I lost about 10lbs in that time.

These symptoms came and went (apart from the fatigue) and I've had some pretty extreme muscle tension/fatigue since. I never really noticed any loss of breathing, but then I know a lot of people don't either. My symptoms felt too mild given what some people experience, but it was a collection of symptoms that I've never experienced before all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Interesting post.

I have a feeling there's a small chance I had this a couple of weeks back, but my symptoms were extremely mild :-

1 - 3-5 days of weird, dry throat. Became hoarse for 2-3 days and my voice kept 'breaking' when I spoke. No real pain or cough.

2 - A couple of days of extreme fatigue. I spent two days on the sofa in an out of sleep dozens of times. I could not fight this, and even standing up for 5 minutes became unbearable.

3 - Sporadic migraine type pain.

4 - Very painful right eye, felt like I had some sand on top of my right eye ball.

5 - A couple of days of odd chills. I woke up at night a few times with unbearable cold shivers. No fever.

6 - Complete loss of appetite for over a week. I lost about 10lbs in that time.

These symptoms came and went (apart from the fatigue) and I've had some pretty extreme muscle tension/fatigue since. I never really noticed any loss of breathing, but then I know a lot of people don't either. My symptoms felt too mild given what some people experience, but it was a collection of symptoms that I've never experienced before all at once.
    Very possible Joe. Hope you and the family are keeping well.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Very possible Joe. Hope you and the family are keeping well.

You too bruv. Stay safe y'all.

Actually trying to use the time to MAKE some music here lol. Just wrapped up a video and sent it in to the client, and I've got a soundbank to do too (synthwave this time) for another client....then it's a ghost town for work......

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You too bruv. Stay safe y'all.

Actually trying to use the time to MAKE some music here lol. Just wrapped up a video and sent it in to the client, and I've got a soundbank to do too (synthwave this time) for another client....then it's a ghost town for work......
    Ah, so you're making your own soundbank packs? What VST if you don't mind me asking? Interesting work. Didn't know there was a market for that. I was looking at making a rompler VST with Juce, basically a VST loaded with samples with a pretty UI (hello Nexus). I got a copy of Nexus as it goes, legit. But you can't make soundbanks unless you pay for the high end version. Something like 2k I believe.

Ps. I'm only a chav when I rapper .... Fam.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

***Apologies for the blatant thread hijack***

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Ah, so you're making your own soundbank packs? What VST if you don't mind me asking? Interesting work. Didn't know there was a market for that. I was looking at making a rompler VST with Juce, basically a VST loaded with samples with a pretty UI (hello Nexus). I got a copy of Nexus as it goes, legit. But you can't make soundbanks unless you pay for the high end version. Something like 2k I believe.

Ps. I'm only a chav when I rapper .... Fam.
    Yes, sounbanks are one of the things I do, although I tend to only do it directly for plugin devs now. Can be quite lucrative, but you need to be able to create specific sounds for specific genres on spec and within time AND provide several minutes of audio demo's too. By the time you've worked out the hourly rate, it's ok rather than retirement fund.

In terms of the plugin, I would suggest (strongly...) that something of the scope of Nexus would be a logistical and support nightmare, not to mention the sourcing of useable sampels would be a job in itself. What's probably more lucrative (there's that word again) to start with is something like Sausage Fattener. Very low support requirements and I have it on good authority that they sold over 10k copies at $40 a pop.

The key here is supplying an affordable tool that solves a problem for a largely uneducated, but keen music making audience.

And you can't get a dev version of Nexus unless invited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information