Thread: Feel like I知 constantly swallowing mucus

Feel like I知 constantly swallowing mucus

Hi all

I hope you are all safe and keeping well

I知 a serial poster on here with my als worries and a complete wreck 99 % of the time .

15 months and counting ...

My latest obsession is bulbar - for which I have had symptoms since November - I知 constantly swelling mucus it痴 absolutely horrible and nothing I can do seems to shift it

Has anyone ever had this mucus issue in their throat and managed to get rid of it or know what causes it ? As you can imagine I am thinking the worst .

I feel quite helpless at the moment and sometimes selfish As I know with covid 19 there痴 more serious problems going on in the world but my anxiety is so bad at the moment - I live alone and feel that I don稚 have anyone to turn to . It痴 just awful and I don稚 know what to do

Re: Feel like I知 constantly swallowing mucus

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy93 View Post
    Hi all

I hope you are all safe and keeping well

I’m a serial poster on here with my als worries and a complete wreck 99 % of the time .

15 months and counting ...

My latest obsession is bulbar - for which I have had symptoms since November - I’m constantly swelling mucus it’s absolutely horrible and nothing I can do seems to shift it

Has anyone ever had this mucus issue in their throat and managed to get rid of it or know what causes it ? As you can imagine I am thinking the worst .

I feel quite helpless at the moment and sometimes selfish As I know with covid 19 there’s more serious problems going on in the world but my anxiety is so bad at the moment - I live alone and feel that I don’t have anyone to turn to . It’s just awful and I don’t know what to do
    It's likely to be post nasal drip from allergies as you are coming into Spring in the UK. Mucinex is good or take an antihistamine. It may be the remnants of a cold.

Heya

I have been getting this too.. may be worth noting if you are eating/ drinking certain foods that trigger it? I found orange / apple juices were making mine worse. Also I知 always drinking water and hot water with lemon to help, and gargling salt water in the morns. Seems to have helped but it also could be allergy season.

Hope this helps

Oh thank you guys so much for replying ! Made me feel a whole lot better that I知 not the only one .

I will try your suggestions your right it痴 probably allergies and just my anxious mind never looking for a simple answer

I’ve been fighting that mucus in the throat crap for weeks. I’m also blowing my nose a lot and have alternating itchy eyes and dry eyes. So I’m chalking it all up to allergies.

It痴 the worst isn稚 it !! I知 constantly feeling blocked up in my nose too . Guess it痴 just another thing I値l have to live with lol ! I致e just read that anxiety can produce a lot of mucus in the Throat ! Another wonderful symptom I guess

I find drinking tons of water seems to help. That and taking some type of antihistamine before bed - I can’t usually do them in the daytime because they make me sleepy lol

I've got this too. Had it for ages. It goes away and comes back, so I'm thinking it must be allergies. Gargling with warm salt water or a mouthwash helps me.

Thread Information