Thread: Over powering taste of garlic

Over powering taste of garlic

Normal bed time for me, having some hot sweats initially but nodded off about 1ish.
    Woke at 2am from deep sleep with cough which produced a really strong taste of garlic in the back of my throat, like a burning taste of garlic.

I haven't eaten garlic for months.

I have drunk water since and cannot get rid of the really overpowering taste.

Also at 2.45 then got really bad case of diarrhoea..

Has anybody experienced this with suspected CV. Had begun to feel I was beginning to turn a corner yesterday, but this coughing is tight and rasping, and I hadn't coughed for good 24hrs.

Thank you x

Re: Over powering taste of garlic

It could be gerd at that time of night. How’s the cough now?

Hi Scass

The cough is OK this morning, but do have a sense of sore throat from coughing. The taste of garlic has gone too, but it was so overpowering as if I had bitten into a clove! Can't remember last time I had it x

PS - never been diagnosed with GERD although I do pop a nexium every 3 - 4 days particularly if I have had white flour. I eat a very bland diet - don't even have salt or pepper! x
    thanks

One day last week I was suffering with a phantom smell. Was making me feel quite ill. It only lasted one day though. Hope you're feeling better. I'm having the hot waves and still have a headache. Woke up very hot then very cold during the night. Also, my skin was super sensitive. Like prickly and almost sore. Waiting for a callback from gp as well regarding managing anxiety. Feel at rock bottom. Hope you have a batter day x

How are you feeling now?

Hi Charlie
    thank you for your reply....it calmed down for a little while until this afternoon then started again. Now gone.
    I've slept for a few hours this morning and then again this afternoon a couple more.
    I still feel very lethargic, haven't had temperature until this evening - first day without - but have hot head, neck and back of neck and across shoulders now with that congested head feeling. My eyes are painful again this tends to be an evening symptom, not tired wanting me to rub, but tired like they actually have matchstalks in them.
    It absolutely floors me - I would have gone to bed at 8, other than I wanted to watch Liar! But my head will be on the pillow 10 mins after it finishes!

How are you feeling - thank you for sharing.

The thing with this virus is there seems to be no clear symptoms once you have had either the cough or high temperature to start with, and I don't think people recognise how tired you get, I have never in my life experienced this day in day out, back in bed for most of day, shattered after an hour up. And I haven't been tested so it is all an assumption - and I have wracked my brains to work out where I could have picked it up time wise.

Hope you feel OK - it will be good to speak to your GP. Let me know how you get on and how you feel x

Thread Information