Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Name something good that happened to you today - lock down edition

Name something good that happened to you today - lock down edition

Some days are easier than others during this lock down and with all we hear on the news and missing our loved ones and our normal routines, it can be hard to find a positive sometimes.

But each day has something good in it, however small so what has cheered you up today? Maybe you discovered a new TV show, video called a friend etc. Can be anything, big or small

Take care everyone

For me, today it would be that I found some candles I forgot I had while tidying up and unboxing stuff from moving recently

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Name something good that happened to you today - lock down edition

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm in essential services so I'm still working. That said, several business locations in my area have temporarily shut down and the staff redistributed resulting in flex schedules. So I'm off until next week (paid thankfully) and even with reduced hours, I'll be compensated.

So.... Cut the lawn, weeded, trimmed etc. and prepped our raised garden bed for planting. We usually grow some veggies and herbs Also got to do some general maintenance on our SUV and give her a good bath. Otherwise, inside with the cat curled up in my lap chillin', learning some new songs (all my gigs are toast until further notice... might as well take the time to re-vamp my show ). My wife is working on her crafts. What else can you do really?

Heck, the govt. said to not even shop for the next two weeks so we're stocked

Oh yeah... Even with the seriousness of the situation, a good laugh is always welcome. Been watching funny videos and shows. Have you checked out some of the Corona Song Parodies that have come out? Some of them are brilliant! Especially this guy.....

My Corona - (parody of "My Sharona")

Positive thoughts and Hello? and Thank You

Last edited by Fishmanpa; 07-04-20 at 18:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This morning I let my 5 year old mostly make our scrambled eggs by herself (with me supervising) and she was SO thrilled about it. She couldn't stop going on and on about how she had made the breakfast. She's been having a tough time, too, with my husband and I so busy trying to work from home, and it was just a really lovely moment.

Some other things that have happened in the past few days:

- I found out I got the highest grade in one of my law school classes on our midterm that we took before the virus. I got a 99/100 and my professor said it was superb. I haven't felt like much of a winner trying to juggle work, school, and taking care of my daughter so it was such a boost to my mood and confidence! It doesn't even matter because the school switched to pass/fail for this semester, but I felt very proud.

- I found The Nanny available to watch online! It was one of my all time favorite shows back in the 90s. I'm guessing only Americans will know this show, but it's been such a joy to watch again.

OMG Fran Drescher Probably one of the few that I cannot watch due to her laugh. LOL. But I do agree that it’s a great feeling when you find a show that reminds you of a really happy time in life - I was that way with Gilmore Girls haha.

Also - AMAZING job on your midterm!!!! That’s so awesome!!! You should feel super proud!

I got a commission booked in for the next week, and I’ve spent the day drawing and playing animal crossing after a lovely lazy morning in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Last edited by Nyx.78; 19-08-22 at 04:25.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    OMG Fran Drescher Probably one of the few that I cannot watch due to her laugh. LOL. But I do agree that it’s a great feeling when you find a show that reminds you of a really happy time in life - I was that way with Gilmore Girls haha.

Also - AMAZING job on your midterm!!!! That’s so awesome!!! You should feel super proud!
    Thank you!

And yes, Fran Drescher is definitely someone you either love or cannot handle! I've always been a big re-watcher for the nostalgia and this one is just twice as good since it's been so so long. I'm also going to start another re-watch of Lost and maybe The West Wing.

Went for a walk in some woods near my house and saw lots of snowdrops and bluebells had come out and carpeted large swathes of the ground. There were a variety of birds tweeting and I even saw a wild deer sprinting off in the distance. I just love how nature continues to do its thing whatever mankind's woes are. The poet Wordsworth knew a thing or two in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Went for a walk in some woods near my house and saw lots of snowdrops and bluebells had come out and carpeted large swathes of the ground. There were a variety of birds tweeting and I even saw a wild deer sprinting off in the distance. I just love how nature continues to do its thing whatever mankind's woes are. The poet Wordsworth knew a thing or two in that regard.
    Sounds beautiful, you should write some poetry of your own

*I re-learned how to do a crochet square (haven't done this for over 30 years) and may make a blanket.

*Watched our daily state of the nation speech from our PM and the Director General of Health report that our covid cases are the lowest they've been in 2 weeks, although more testing has been done. This is very encouraging for us here in NZ

*Made some delicious salmon cakes for dinner

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information