Thread: Name something good that happened to you today - lock down edition

Re: Name something good that happened to you today - lock down edition

Made this yesterday:
    IMG_20200407_111708.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Made this yesterday:
    IMG_20200407_111708.jpg
    Wow! That is so beautiful, you are so clever with a great eye for detail ... I can see an online business in the making (if you don't have one already)

Thank you! Unfortunately I prefer making to selling, but my dream would be to teach this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Sounds beautiful, you should write some poetry of your own

*I re-learned how to do a crochet square (haven't done this for over 30 years) and may make a blanket.

*Watched our daily state of the nation speech from our PM and the Director General of Health report that our covid cases are the lowest they've been in 2 weeks, although more testing has been done. This is very encouraging for us here in NZ

*Made some delicious salmon cakes for dinner
    Thank you, but my own attempts at poetry lead to doggerel. I'm content to read the work of the past masters!

Yes, I would say Taiwan and NZ seem to be the 2 countries that have best handled this pandemic so far. I think both countries took the threat seriously early on, secured their borders properly, carried out high level tracing and quarantining, and then ordered full lockdowns. If only the governments of other countries had shown such coordinated and calculated care for their populations. Instead, they thought they could still have their globalist "free trade, free movement of people, open borders!" cake and eat it. Unfortunately, now we see the terrible consequences of that.
    Last edited by Panicattacka; 08-04-20 at 07:12.

I felt well enough to sit out in the warm sunshine for an hour and read my kindle, and to take my dog on a short walk, only 15 mins.

All my worries floated away for that time.

Couple of hours later that damn truck arrived and ran over me again and I was in bed before 8pm feeling totally floored.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Thank you, but my own attempts at poetry lead to doggerel. I'm content to read the work of the past masters!

Yes, I would say Taiwan and NZ seem to be the 2 countries that have best handled this pandemic so far. I think both countries took the threat seriously early on, secured their borders properly, carried out high level tracing and quarantining, and then ordered full lockdowns. If only the governments of other countries had shown such coordinated and calculated care for their populations. Instead, they thought they could still have their globalist "free trade, free movement of people, open borders!" cake and eat it. Unfortunately, now we see the terrible consequences of that.
    Both countries have strong progressive women leaders, although I believe Taiwan was dealing with a second wave of the virus (not too sure here)?

New Zealand is fortunate to be a relatively isolated country (way down here in the Pacific) so it took longer for covid to arrive, we also have a small population of only 4.8 million. The govt. could see what was coming and decided to act hard and fast, even before our neighbour Australia, whose PM messed around and gave mixed messages. Our PM's are in constant contact so I really thought they would lockdown the same time as NZ but it didn't happen :(

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    The govt. could see what was coming and decided to act hard and fast, even before our neighbour Australia, whose PM messed around and gave mixed messages. Our PM's are in constant contact so I really thought they would lockdown the same time as NZ but it didn't happen :(
    Yeah, "Scotty from Marketing" hasn't exactly covered himself in glory so far. I too was surprised when Australia didn't do a synchronized lockdown with you guys. I suspect someone was putting short term profits before people...

Got a decent sleep for the first time in about a week

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Branston Baked Beans are now ring pull.

Fvcking game changer.

I get unreasonably excited when I find ring pull cans

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information