Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Son tested for covid 19

Son tested for covid 19

My type 1 diabetic son was tested for covid 19 this morning. Test results will take up to 5 days. He developed a low fever last night. His fever has been up and down. We were fortunate to get him tested this morning. He tested negative for the flu and strep. We did everything they said, bleaching, washing, isolating....I don't understand. I'm so scared.

Re: Son tested for covid 19

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m so sorry that this has happened. It’s good that your doctors are on top of it and hopefully he’ll receive great care.

Try to keep in mind that only a very small percentage of the tests being done come back positive for Covid. There are plenty of bugs going around this time of year so hopefully he just has a minor cold! I know I personally have run fevers with just a common cold in the past.

I just don't understand how he could get sick at all. We have been so careful.

I'm so sorry. I hope that his test comes back negative! My brother is type 1 and we've been worrying about him because he lives in an apartment (in upstate NY) and has had to go to the store because his area doesn't offer many other delivery or pick up options for groceries. So, I understand your worry!

Thank you. I will send prayers for your brother.

How is your son?

He has been feeling better for a couple of days. Test results are not in yet. He is still in quarentine .

Hope you get the results soon and that they’re negative. I understand the not understanding part - I’ve been experiencing a fever yet I’ve been over the top careful - how this happens to anyone being careful I really don’t know

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information