Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I find it peculiar

I find it peculiar

With all that is going on with this Covid-19 pandemic from the constant coverage of it on almost all media formats, I thought that with this being a justifiable concern especially since the cases of the virus are growing day by day I thought my HA would be in other drive but quite the opposite I find my Anxiety to be at almost an all time low when it comes to the subject of this virus. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any thoughts on why I might be feeling this way??

Re: I find it peculiar

Because this is clear and present danger on a global scale, whereas HAers usual concerns are solitary and mere phantoms of their imaginations?

Quote Originally Posted by Wtf View Post
    With all that is going on with this Covid-19 pandemic from the constant coverage of it on almost all media formats, I thought that with this being a justifiable concern especially since the cases of the virus are growing day by day I thought my HA would be in other drive but quite the opposite I find my Anxiety to be at almost an all time low when it comes to the subject of this virus. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any thoughts on why I might be feeling this way??
    Yes. I thought this would bring my HA back. It did not bring back HA, but it has elevated my overall anxiety due to the stress of the circumstances - I had to reschedule an upcoming surgery that was "elective" but really medically necessary, so that's been stressful. Navigating how to get groceries has been stressful, and being stuck in the house trying to work/study/homeschool a 5 year old has been VERY stressful.

But, my health anxiety has not reared it's head much. Not being able to have my surgery keeps the anxiety about my real medical issue a bit elevated, but that's it. I think, as Panicattacka said, this is a real situation. Anxiety is all about things that AREN'T happening. Sure, you could worry about catching it, but there are also clear and concrete ways to prevent that. We've been staying in for almost a month now, so there is a level of control over the situation that you can't ever have with imaginary boogiemen.

I'm glad you're anxiety isn't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Because this is clear and present danger on a global scale, whereas HAers usual concerns are solitary and mere phantoms of their imaginations?
    I think this answer is pretty much bang on.

HA is really the process of looking for worst case scenarios of imaginary conditions.

With CV, you know exactly what it is, and therefore don't go down the cycle of imagination.

Except we have pretty much the whole HA board on Misc and raising threads with irrational worries.

The level of anxiety also has to be considered. What is within normal range and what is still a disorder.

So some aren't triggered, others are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wtf View Post
    And this is because you don't have any underlying health conditions that you know of? Right? And you don't smoke/vape? And your weight is good? You've got all that under control? Right?

The HA forum is quiet - just loads on this sub-forum with corona worries but their cancer worries seem to have disappeared.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Lucky you. My ha is amped up. Hate this

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    The HA forum is quiet - just loads on this sub-forum with corona worries but their cancer worries seem to have disappeared.
    Not just the HA forum, pretty much the rest of the forum.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Unfortunately, my HA has flared up a lot since lockdown. My IBS has become worse fueling anxiety, and I've been getting 'sensations' which are making me worry about MND/ALS - hand/wrist weakness and pains, swallowing problems at times, legs feeling stiff and heavy.

I was getting to a good place with NHS led CBT, but that's been cancelled for the foreseeable future understandably.

I've been furloughed as well, and I'm not sure there will be a job for me in 3 months as I work doing marketing in hospitality, and that industry will be in trouble till at least the end of 2020. Another worry.

Sighs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information