Thread: Tongue ulcer

Tongue ulcer

Hope someone can help. I saw my dentist today regarding an area on the side of my tongue where the skin looked loose almost and there were little white spots there. I did have pain but that has improved a little He had a look and said there was an ulcer there that had popped, hence the loose skin, like a blister. He gave me some kenalog to put on it and come back in a week.He said it didn't look like anything bad or that needed to be biopsied. And I desperately want to believe him but my anxiety won't let me. I keep trying to tell myself he's the dentist, not me and he knows what he's looking at. Can someone reassure me about this? Thank you!

Re: Tongue ulcer

I’m not sure anyone here can give you more or better reassurance than a trained dentist - but yeah I’ve had tons of those types of things and they just heal on their own eventually. They’re pretty common. If the pain has mostly gone then it’s on it’s way to healing. Try not to pick and poke at it with your teeth or fingers and let it heal on it’s own.

Thread Information