Thread: Palpitations won’t stop and I’m getting worked up

Palpitations won’t stop and I’m getting worked up

Hi all.

I never really had palpitations as one of my anxiety symptoms in the 20 years I have suffered from anxiety. Well I have had fast heartbeat and strong feeling heartbeat, but I never really had the fluttery feelings up until about a month ago. I went out the night before and got drunk and woke up next morning feeling rough. And then started feeling these racing heart and the flutters. Since then they have been happening. They can go or not be Noticeable some days, but other days they can be constant when they start and last few hours. I can’t get my head off of them and am feeling my pulse all the tine or trying to push down on my chest. I find I can go running or bike riding and don’t then feel them or not as much. But when I’m resting in bed or sitting down doing nothing they are the there and all I can think of and focus on! I had full general blood tests about 6 weeks ago and nothing was picked up as all were satisfactory. But I’m laying here in bed tonight and I just can’t escape them! I don’t have fast heart rate just fluttery in my chest making me feel really uneasy. Any help or support out there from people that may of experienced this?
    Last edited by saintdee; 10-04-20 at 22:29.

Re: Palpitations won’t stop and I’m getting worked up

Hey there, I'm going to tell you my personal experience with this.
    I have the exact same problem as you do, I never had them for years, then all of a sudden they would come while I was lying down or seating doing nothing. They would come everyday, then eventually I would try really hard to not stress as much and when I would calm myself down they would go days without showing up, still I went to get it checked, did a bunch of tests, everything normal. Do my palpitations were de normal kind, u can get them from caffeine, dehydration, stress, and a bunch of another reasons. What I did to make this better, stop consuming caffeine, drank plenty of water and tried to relax as in my most stressful periods I tend to get them more, they still come once in a while especially at night while I'm laying down in bed. Still I think you should talk to your doctor, not because I think you have something but only because it will ease your mind.

Thread Information