I had this letter to say that I am requested to be one of the jury at a court.

The thing is, I hate to go, just the whole thing doesn't appeal to me and it's all hard and complicated with everything going on in life, but I guess that's not an excuse.

Maybe if the court was in town, I might be more eager to go.

I live on a farm, I don't like driving far partly due to physical feelings I get, and especially areas I'm not comfortable or familiar with, I don't wish them to know I have a driver's licence.

I would have to walk to town which is 1 hour away by foot, unless I rely on someone to drive me down every day for 10-14 days, wait for a bus which will take 1hr and 45 minutes to reach the town and walk to the court. I would have to be there at around 9am for 10 to sometimes 14 days.

It feels so inconvenient, in the way and feel forced on me, especially it being so far, the more I don't want to go. (Is my excuse of it being so far away a valid reason not to do it?)

Failure to go without a valid reason would lead to a £1000 pound fine according to the letter, and have to send the form in within 7 days or face a fine. (I read something online about 14 day prison sentence as well)

I have enough pressure in my life right now, I feel so anxious and really down about things without this piling up on me.

It is adding up more bother and anxiety and don't know what to do nor write.