Thread: Really worried and struggling

Really worried and struggling

Hi all.

I never really had palpitations as one of my anxiety symptoms in the 20 years I have suffered from anxiety. Well I have had fast heartbeat and strong feeling heartbeat, but I never really had the fluttery feelings up until about a month ago. I went out the night before and got drunk and woke up next morning feeling rough. And then started feeling these racing heart and the flutters. Since then they have been happening. They can go or not be Noticeable some days, but other days they can be constant when they start and last few hours. I can’t get my head off of them and am feeling my pulse all the tine or trying to push down on my chest. I find I can go running or bike riding and don’t then feel them or not as much. But when I’m resting in bed or sitting down doing nothing they are the there and all I can think of and focus on! I had full general blood tests about 6 weeks ago and nothing was picked up as all were satisfactory. But I’m laying here in bed tonight and I just can’t escape them! I don’t have fast heart rate just fluttery in my chest making me feel really uneasy. Any help or support out there from people that may of experienced this?

Re: Really worried and struggling

Yes I’ve had them for around 16 years, I get them every single day without fail. Flutters, PVCs, PACs etc. Had every test known to man. Was told ‘not to jog home’ after one exercise test. They documented a 3 beat run of VT about 8 yrs ago.

They consumed my life for many years. One day I realised that I can’t control whether I get them or not. But I can control whether I let them consume my life or not.

I chose the latter. You should too. Stop wasting any more of this precious life, acceptance is the key.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it

24 hours with constant flutters! Really scared

I’m really struggling, flutters where heart misses a beat is a new thing for me and I’m really working myself up as they just won’t go away. Had lots of blood tests for many things about 6 week ago and all fine. Went out drinking with my partner and got very drunk, woke up next day with flutters and since then they have come and gone, but last 24 hours they Won’t go. My heart rate is around 62 and always has been, but the skipped beats really panicking me. Can’t get my mind off it!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information