Thread: So Stressed out!!!

So Stressed out!!!

Hi there

I had a baby alomst 5 mnths ago and like my other two children I developed very high blood pressure after delivery. With my other two kids I was on meds for awhile but in time it resolved and I was fine. This time I am a wreck. I am on two meds still but if my BP goes up even a tiny bit I get really upset and start to panic ehich seems to drive it up higher. It happened last night. At first my BP was only 11/73 but that sent me into a panic because it has been running 103/64 or so. So I started talking it over and over and eventually it made it almost to 140/90 which I havent seen for months and months. So now I am terrified again.
    I cant stop thinking about it and stressing out. Any ideas on how to relax some or accept my BP when it goes higher for a short time!!!!
    Thanks so much!

Re: So Stressed out!!!

Alison

Those blood pressure readings are not actually that high! In fact they are fine!

I am on meds for high blood pressure and even now my readings are much higher than yours but the doc said it was fine as it was.

The more you take it the higher it will go cos you are stressing yourself out over it.

Have you seen the doc about these readings?

The more you worry about it it will go higher. Do you try relaxation CD's and breathing exercises at all?

In my opinion though those readings are fine

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That is the biggest problem. I know in the back of my mind that 111/73 is fine but I automatically begin to panic. I dont know how to accept that they are ok!

Just by reassurance from people I guess - like me.

Also - mine was high for 2 years before they put me on meds so they obviously weren't that worried about it and any problems.

Above all don't keep taking it - it will just make you worse trust me

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your posts.
    Can anyone share their blood pressure issues with me? Sometimes hearing others numbers etc helps me feel more normal

I had some bad BP problems after the birth of my son, I had to take meds for a while after, if it's 140/90 wow thats normally a good day for me LOL when I was in hospital it 170/150 and hey I am stick a live and kicking. If you are checking your bp with a home device the lady at the hospital said to me that they automatically read slightly high which can cause confusion. So not to sure if thats something to bear in mind. ButI think your readings are fine.

hope you feel better soon though.
    Take care,
    Jane

Thread Information