Thread: Claritin causing palpitations??

Claritin causing palpitations??

I have been taking claritin a few weeks now and today I have had crazy palps all day. Like at least a few every hour. I've dealt with palps for a while now and I've learned that when I'm doing the right things they arent bad. Only thing that's different in the claritin. Oh and of course the raging pandemic outside. But I think I'm handling that stress really well. Anyone had any experience with antihistamines and palps??

Re: Claritin causing palpitations??

They are almost constant rightnow and I'm starting to get scared. I've had the tests done and they say my heart is fine. But this is ridiculous. It's like once a minute for the past half hour

Bad frequent palps.

I posted in the other forum but got no answers and I'm starting to freak out. I've been taking claritin and today I have had palps all day. Like literally all day. At least 1 every half hour with back to back ones ever few hours. I have had a sono and they said my heart is fine but I'm really starting to spiral down the longer these palps go on. I can feel the big thump and then the beat picking back k up
    Please help me before I go insane.

Re: Bad frequent palps.

Hi
    I don’t take claritin but have had palps the last 3 days the worst are at night when I’m in bed, I know they won’t hurt me I don’t know why they have hit me it’s been 12mths since the last horrible palps
    I do meditation and yoga when my back isn’t playing up.
    Do some breathing exercises hopefully this may help.
    You will be ok,as they will not hurt you.

I try very hard to remember that but I'm getting panic attacks over it. I hope they are gone tomorrow

I totally forgot that the dr wrote me a script for verapisl or something like that for the palps
    I have never had to take one since I got them so I'm kinda nervous about taking one.

Assuming you're taking Claritin for allergy, do you feel bunged up, do you have post nasal drip etc?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information