Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

Re: Help

Thankyou Gary a for your response xxxx I will try to focus on what I can control like u suggest I hadn't realised the statistics I find those numbers very reassuring thankyou xxxxx

Hi everyone hope you are all doing ok. I'm sorry to be on here again but I'm starting to really worry again (I know nothing new).

My latest cause for anxiety is the fact that shielding is coming to an end or at least rumoured to. I have been home schooling the children and staying in we havent been anywhere since march because as many of you know we have members of the household with serious underlying health issues.

Well its worrying me that shielding is coming to an end schools are starting bk and apparently children under 11 dont need to social distance, my husband works in a school with children and to be quite honest I am petrified that this will cause us to catch covid. I am trying so hard to remain clear headed. I was doing well but now I feel like it's getting worse again. I know we cant be in here forever but with cases going on more everyday it would seem it doesn't seem safe to be going bk to normal. Does anyone else feel this way?

What does your husband think about going back to work in a school environment? Is he able to in view of his vulnerability? Do you have a choice about the children going back or is it compulsory now?

I thought shielding ended on 1st august. I have to go back to work this week as well.

Surely the schools are on holiday now?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

Hi everyone me again, I hope u dont mind but I needed to come on and get a few things out before I let the panic set in.

My little one she is 7, started complaining about a headache and sore tummy yesterday I didnt think much of it tbh but as the day progressed and night time came she got worse. She had been playing with her sister all.day. well anyway I took her temp.and it was 38.9 this is very high for her as normally she is in the 36 region.

So we ended up calling 111 as that's what u told to do if it's a new temp and they asked loads of questions and said it could be covid and to do a test.

No I'm desperately trying not to let the cycle take over me. She did a urine sample this morning that was clear no infection, I'm so frightened. We havent been anywhere I mean nowhere how on earth could it be covid?

Just needed to get it out thanks if you read this far

Re: Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

You seem to have been given the "possible covid" fob off quite a few times though by 111? It's easy for them to give this "diagnosis" because it covers all their backs. The reality is that you have been nowhere for months.

I know you will be worried but it could just be a simple tummy bug, nothing more. You will know whether she is really poorly xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Thanks pulisa, yeah I am trying to hold on to the fact that that is what they have to day in present circumstances. I have tried to be so careful literally exhausted myself trying to be ahead of everything and like u said have not been anywhere for months. But I always have that what if voice what if I've missed something wasnt careful enough. I'm trying hard not to let it take over this time. Thanks for replying

You mustn't let it take over. If you make yourself ill with worry then your family will suffer. You have literally shut yourselves away for months on end so your nerves will be frazzled anyway and your thoughts will be skewed. I'm sure you've done everything and more to keep your family safe..but you will have to learn to manage the "what if" voices and put them in perspective at some point? xx

Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
    Thanks pulisa, yeah I am trying to hold on to the fact that that is what they have to day in present circumstances. I have tried to be so careful literally exhausted myself trying to be ahead of everything and like u said have not been anywhere for months. But I always have that what if voice what if I've missed something wasnt careful enough. I'm trying hard not to let it take over this time. Thanks for replying
    If you and your family haven't been anywhere recently and have been following all the relevant guidelines, it's highly unlikely your daughter might have Corona.

Remember people can have those same symptoms in 'normal' times too.

And the weather has been exceptionally hot these past few days which probably hasn't helped.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information