Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: alzheimers or dementia

alzheimers or dementia

Hi I am having a few health issues. But this one is the scariest one. On various occasions for the past 6 months, I may be for e.g lying in bed with my thoughts and I start thinking for e.g about one of my kids or my dog. I can visualise them but for some reason I can't think of their name! I then start to panic and maybe 30 seconds later, could be more, the name comes to me.
    This sounds as the early stages of dementia or alzheimers. I can't go to the dr as he will confirm it and I am terrified. I am 49 and my life is over.

Re: alzheimers or dementia

This sounds totally normal, promise. Your anxiety is getting the better of you.

hi thanks. It is so scary. My mind goes completely blank and no matter how I try the name does not come to me. Then it pops into my head. Surely this is early dementia. Those are names that shoukd instantly be on my mind. My kids, my dog. I don't know what to do 😞

When I was in the midst of anxiety, I once forgot where I lived.. anxiety does many strange things to us, and when we become scared of the symptom, it will keep happening.

Hi guys. My health anxiety is really really bad atm! I have various worries going on ranging from bowel cancer to dementia.
    But for the past 2 days I have become fixated on Lewy body dementia. Sorry if this is a trigger for anyone x. Apparently Robin Williams had it.
    My symptoms are as follows:-
    I do stuff automatically have no recollection. Like letting my dog out to tge patio earlier today and having no real recollection. Waking up in the middle of the night, talking to my daughter and not remembering the next day. But the most scary symptom is seeing things before i go to sleep. I switch off the bedroom light and I see lights, forms, 'faces' etc. Last night I must have drifted off but I saw a floating blue heart shape. Weird I know! But on reading, I have seen that hallucinations and recognising you are having them are signs of lewy body dementia. I am now terrified I have this dementia!

You don't, Minion, all of this is perfectly normal and happens to everyone.

I am a mess BlueIris. Last night was really bad. I even saw this orange stuff covering my bedside lamp and coming towards me. I am terrified I have lewy body dementia. My husband is ill so I can't talk to him and add to his burden.

You really don't. Everyone sees things in the dark, I swear, it's due to the electromagnetic impulses within our brains.

But this can go on for a few minutes. To my mind I can even see horrible faces! And frighten myself even!

That's your anxiety and your vivid imagination. I repeat, I see stuff when it's dark, it's really not a big deal.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information