Thread: Relapse (could it be med related?)

Relapse (could it be med related?)

Hi all

I hope you are all managing to cope if you are in lock down and that you aren’t too stressed.

The past few days, I’ve been crying so much, really down then the past couple of mornings I’ve been feeling that jittery adrenaline/anxiety feeling. I went to take my citalopram tablet this morning and realised for the past week or so, I’ve been taking 10s, not 20s (I’ve run out of 20s and hadn’t noticed the dosage on the box). Is it possible this is responsible?

thanks

naomi

Re: Relapse (could it be med related?)

Yes, it's certainly possible. If it has come out of nowhere it's the likely culprit.

You have basically started adjusting your dosage and that can mean you experience side effects.

Get back onto the correct dosage but remember you have started an adjustment, one that isn't complete as it takes longer than a few days, and increasing means it may take a few days to a week to rebalance this.

Citalopram takes a good week to stabilise it's dosage in your blood plasma. But with such a short time involved you might not have to wait that long to see improvements taking you back to where you were before.

Just take it day by day and hang in there.

Thank you Terry, makes a lot of sense. Hope you are well.

Naomi

Yes, fine thanks, Naomi.

If you need great advice on meds panic_down_under (Ian) comments a lot on the Meds board and he knows tons about them.

Hopefully over the next few days you will see improvements

Thread Information