Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arghhh, the dreaded HA is back!!! A lot of blood after bowel movement!!!

Re: Arghhh, the dreaded HA is back!!! A lot of blood after bowel movement!!!

I’ve never heard of that, but I’ve just had a look at it surely if I had something like that it wouldn’t just show up randomly and j would have had symptoms prior.. I dunno, this virus needs to go so I can go to the drs!

How true is it that blood on the OUTSIDE of a stool is more likely from piles/ fissure, it’s only one one side... sort of in a line? Or is that a sign of something more sinister?

Hello I dont know if u remember me. Ive replied to your post in the past. We are on the same boat. Anal fissures and possibly piles since 2017. I never had colonoscopy. I was about to but was postponed and when rescheduled, the corona thing happened. I had a BM just now and it wasnt hard. But the tip of the stool is a bit hard. After the BM there was a lot of blood in the toilet dripping. I almost fainted. This is the first time. Before it was just a spot in the tp or a streak on the stool. Im so tired of this. I have HA and I always think of the worse. My fissure reopened 2 weeks ago after a hard BM but I was doing fine after and then tonight happened. Have you had a colonoscopy?

Hi,
    Hope you’re ok! I’ve not had a colonoscopy no, I would probably try and get one if it wasn’t for the virus!! But, then again, my symptoms come and go so often... I can go months with nothing and then it flares up again! I also have HA and think the worse, I convince myself I have Coronavirus every night at the minute!!
    I’m also worried, as This week I’ve Started getting bloated at the top of my stomach after I eat.. wondering if this is all related!

Quote Originally Posted by charlzzzclark View Post
    Hi,
    Hope you’re ok! I’ve not had a colonoscopy no, I would probably try and get one if it wasn’t for the virus!! But, then again, my symptoms come and go so often... I can go months with nothing and then it flares up again! I also have HA and think the worse, I convince myself I have Coronavirus every night at the minute!!
    I’m also worried, as This week I’ve Started getting bloated at the top of my stomach after I eat.. wondering if this is all related!
    It was all going well, and a bout of blood again 😩 deffo something wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by charlzzzclark View Post
    Hi,
    Hello. Sorry for my late response I was working the last 2 nights. Hospital work can be really crazy right now. Yay! Anyway back to our health issues. We are definitely on the same boat. But you know what worked for me in the past? I changed my diet to only water, veggies, fish and chicken meat. I stopped eating sugary food, white bread and rice. I lost weight from 145lbs to 125 lbs and my fissure didnt bother me for months. No pain during BMs and no blood. But recently since Christmas,I have been eating bad stuff and this pandemic made me eat more. I am now back to 135 lbs and my health issues are coming back. I am constipated again and my BMs hard. My HA is back and I hate it. When I see blood I just flip out. I forget I am a nurse. Ive always been afraid of the big C. My mom died of breast cancer at 39 yrs old. I was 6 then. Back in 2016, they saw a lump on my left breast and that is when my HA and IBS-C started. And here I am now. Trying to get a hold of myself.

I have had piles for years. They can be fine for a while, then out of the blue, they recur, and wow, can they bleed! It's normal, but I agree, very alarming! I've been diagnosed with haemorrhoids by my doctor, and I get regular bowel screening tests, as does everyone over the age of 50 in Scotland, and thankfully they have all been normal. I hope this will be reassuring. X

Thanks Swanee. I would def would like a colonoscopy done after this virus thing is over. I wonder how charlzzzclark is doing? I have had no blood since May 12. Ive changed my diet and have not been eating carbs like rice or white bread. Mostly vegetables and fish or chicken meat and lots of water. My BM has been soft. No pain. I have a meeting with my GI doc tomorrow at 9:30am via video conference. Hopefully I can find some reassurance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousRN View Post
    Thanks Swanee. I would def would like a colonoscopy done after this virus thing is over. I wonder how charlzzzclark is doing? I have had no blood since May 12. Ive changed my diet and have not been eating carbs like rice or white bread. Mostly vegetables and fish or chicken meat and lots of water. My BM has been soft. No pain. I have a meeting with my GI doc tomorrow at 9:30am via video conference. Hopefully I can find some reassurance as well.
    Thanks for that Swanee, definitely helped my anxiety a little bit!

I’m doing ok at the moment, just some pain whilst having a bowel movement but no blood! Seems like this just comes and goes!

Just an update. A few days ago, I had a telehealth session with my handsome GI. LOL. I told him I was having blood in the stool again. He asked me what Im doing about it currently. I told him I changed my diet to more vegetables and more fluids. And of course the Hydrocortisone/Pramoxine that I apply in the area 3x a day. He said this is not enough to totally heal my fissure. He told me to take Miralax once a day, plus the cream and change of diet x 3-4 weeks. And that's what I have been doing the past week and it has worked wonders so far. He suggested to do colonoscopy soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information