Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Hair During CV19

Your Hair During CV19

Crosby Stills Nash & Young once proclaimed in the song Almost Cut My Hair... "I feel like letting my freak flag fly."

Well I haven't had a haircut in a while because of covid and my freak flag is starting to fly. It's getting pretty long. Fortunately at a couple of years past 50 I still have a full head of hair and not a lot of gray, Some around the temples and if you look close you can see a speckle here or there. It's only a matter of time though. But for now it's mostly brown...at least the hair on my head that is 😉.
    Anyway what's your hair like during this crisis of no barber shops or hairdressers? Will you cut your own at some point? I heard there was a shortage of hair coloring in the stores The only haircut I know is a buzz cut. But I will do it if I have to. The bride says she won't allow it. Is your hair turning gray because of covid-19... Are your roots starting to show? What is your hair dilemma?

N.

Re: Your Hair During CV19

My girlfriend did mine, number one faded at the sides and trimmed at the top. Genuinely better job than a guy I’ve been paying for as long as I can remember.

Not that I’d admit that to her, obviously.

You're a brave man my friend.

I've cut my son's hair. It's curly and had endured an 8 week spell in hospital (It needed a trim when he was admitted suddenly). I haven't done a bad job at all and will keep it "tamed" as the weeks progress..

I've cut my own fringe and will give it another hack as needed..Fortunately I'm not bothered about getting it perfect...

As for my daughter's hair..I wouldn't dare to suggest cutting it myself.. It took months to find her the "perfect" hairdresser!

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    You're a brave man my friend.
    I had the consolation of being able to buzz it off if she made a pigs ear of it but fortunately she was really good.

I was slightly suspicious about her asking if I wanted an open razor shave, though.

I needed a haircut before this all happened, but I was so busy I hadn't gotten around to it. Now my hair is approaching my butt :S Maybe when this is all over I will cut it off and donate it.

I've been cutting my own hair for the last 20 years after so many bad experiences with hairdressers.
    So no change for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I had the consolation of being able to buzz it off if she made a pigs ear of it but fortunately she was really good.

I was slightly suspicious about her asking if I wanted an open razor shave, though.
    Yes, especially if having a back, sack & crack...make sure you've not left any of those chores she told you to do

I do my own these days. Number 3 and a bit of tapering up. I've been either too busy with stuff at home or too lazy to do it though!

But I'm lucky anyway since my dad was a barber in his younger days so he will always do it too. He always cut everyone's hair when we were younger. In his day they used to attend the shows and seminars doing their work and he learned under John English who was well-known locally and in the trade.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-04-20 at 21:38.

I dyed mine pink today... Just a temporary measure... I work in a school and we currently have no children, but we have heard from the parents that they are really missing the staff (we are really missing them too :( ) so we are making the children a video throwing toilet rolls to each other

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information