Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dentists

Dentists

My phobia of the dentist began a few years back when I witnessed my mum have her gym sewed in an emergency situation with no anesthetiser. From then I was terrified problem is now I have developed my phobia into medicine phobia I am scared of the anaesthetic in the injection and that I am allergic to it. I have had it twice before that I can recall and maybe only twice before that I’m just so scared as I know my fillings need replacing and it’s consuming me every single day from waking up to going to sleep.

Please help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dentists

Well... with the current situation, you don't have to concern yourself with seeing a dentist anytime soon so why worry about something so far in the future and by then, perhaps your fear will lessen or be replaced with something else.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Phoenixess, I understand that you can only see a dentist in an emergency, so this is something not to worry about at present.
    Hope you and your mum are doing ok? x

I know how you feel with this one it's always on my mind too.

If you need someone to talk to you can PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea Tear Griffin View Post
    I know how you feel with this one it's always on my mind too.

If you need someone to talk to you can PM me.
    Thank you

Really getting paranoid about my tooth any ideas what is going on I know I have a massive filling in it I’m just scared something really sinister is occurring and I cannot cope with my dental fears please advise xx

Hi,

We have removed a picture or link from your post.

This is because we feel it is inappropriate for No More Panic and does not follow the NMP Picture etiquette guidelines.

Please take a look at the guidelines here...
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223214

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi,

We have removed a picture or link from your post.

This is because we feel it is inappropriate for No More Panic and does not follow the NMP Picture etiquette guidelines.

Please take a look at the guidelines here...
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223214
    Replied to your etiquette link as I don’t seem how I have broken any of the rules to be ruled for censorship

Sorry for the gruesome photo which offended someone the other day.
    I have since spoken to the dentist and she wants to see me when they are allowed to reopen. I can’t stopped worrying about the dentist and my tooth I have now not eaten for 48 hours for fear of getting more food in it and it decaying worse.

I’m not coping too well at all. She presumed they might be open in two weeks but I heard today they won’t be open until September.
    My fears are complex my moods are up and down. I can’t handle this anymore anxiety or not this isn’t a life I want anymore.

I don’t think your dentist is too concerned or she would have referred you for emergency care.

I really do think you should eat, you will make yourself ill . You’ll feel so much better if you eat something. Also, are you drinking? It’s very dangerous if you don’t eat or drink.

Are you having any pain from the tooth? I had a cracked filling and had a tooth ache for a few weeks. It was pretty annoying but paracetamol helped until I could see the dentist.

I know you’re scared, I do understand. And it will get better and you will be ok. But you have to help yourself a bit too x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information