Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dentists

Re: Dentists

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I don’t think your dentist is too concerned or she would have referred you for emergency care.

I really do think you should eat, you will make yourself ill . You’ll feel so much better if you eat something. Also, are you drinking? It’s very dangerous if you don’t eat or drink.

Are you having any pain from the tooth? I had a cracked filling and had a tooth ache for a few weeks. It was pretty annoying but paracetamol helped until I could see the dentist.

I know you’re scared, I do understand. And it will get better and you will be ok. But you have to help yourself a bit too x
    Thanks scass. I’ve drank water, Diet Coke and black decaf coffee. I’ve given myself a headache from the worry. I know what you mean but she hasn’t seen the problem yet and I am paranoid it’s worse than she thinks. I know I can’t do this I genuinely can’t go through with it. I told her how scared I was and she told me to take Valium which is a no go either!

I have bought clove oil to help with the tooth but now I’m too scared to apply it to the tooth. I can’t cope like this. This isn’t good I don’t know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still awake dwelling on my tooth bizarrely I have more toothache in the opposite side of my mouth in a tooth with nothing wrong with it.

I’m going to have a dentist look and opt for GA and have my two back teeth pulled out. They are my problem teeth and I’m in not state to undergo root canal or anything else of that nature. Nor am I in any fit state to start to drink raw liver as a cure for this albeit having success rates.

I’ve had two general anaesthetics and I survived them ok. At least if I died I wouldn’t be anticipating my death. It would be less traumatic all round.

Woken up in sweats convinced this tooth will kill me

You need to work on your anxiety; this is your main problem here.

I’ve lost my whole life in the last six months due to “panic” and “anxiety” which one covers fear of something actually happening rather that a fantasy that something is wrong?

The point is that your anxiety reaction is disproportionate to the actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The point is that your anxiety reaction is disproportionate to the actual problem.
    I think there is some truth there but I also know my own limits and I’ve had enough of all of it all. Maybe my fears are my fight that keep me going if only they weren’t so negative on the lows.
    I miss food!

Nothing will go wrong if you eat something, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nothing will go wrong if you eat something, I promise.
    It’s just I’ve got just an extensive routine to keep the tooth clean it’s not worth eating it takes too long to clean it up to stabilise it all and I don’t want bacteria in my mouth. Saying that I’ve just weighed myself and my weigh loss has jumped I’m now the weight I was in august 2014 my lockdown weight loss total is 13.3lbs

Do you have a water pic you can use that to clean your mouth, to get food out, my husband had a filling fall out he went to dentist and the dentist told him he has an infection, he didn't seem to concerned and didnt even give my hubby any antibiotics, told him he had it a few years, you can also gently rinse your mouth out with salt water or get an oral rinse from the pharmacy. Told hubby to schedule an appointment when he could to get filling replaced. Can you not eat on one side of your mouth, and not the side the messed up tooth is on? You can also make smoothies, mashed potatoes, soft foods, I have a wisdom tooth that cracked on me never got it looked at two years later it started coming out in pieces, I just rinse my mouth out with a bit of salt water each night, before brushing and use my water pic and then my electric toothbrush, so far no issues at all. Oh and diet soda is the worst you can drink if you want to keep your mouth healthy, especially right now, it will weaken your enamel and can cause more decay, dentist told me if I must drink soda get coke zero, and wait fifteen mins after drinking to brush teeth even after eating wait for 15 mins to an hours and make sure you don't have dry mouth as it can also weaken enamel so continue to drink water.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 03-05-20 at 02:21.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information