Hi,
I have not been on this site for a few years but have been thinking about coming back. I have been suffering acute health anxiety for about 18 months, seeing a psychologist every week and a psychiatrist every three months. Initially the crisis team were called in but when they stopped coming I had a mental health nurse visiting every week and then the psychologist . Now she has gone on maternity leave and anyway the mental health team want to discharge me because of the current health crisis.
My anxiety has been mainly focused on my breasts and I have spent many hours at a time checking for lumps. I still do that but I think I am a little better. I am currently worried about a pain at the front of my neck in the hollow below where your Adam's apple would be. I can't feel any lumps but it hurts on and off all day. This morning I felt as if there was a lump low down in my throat when I swallowed and I just went into panic. Stupidly I googled and came up with cancer of the larynx or thyroid. Now I feel worse than ever. I wish it would stop hurting so I would stand a chance of calming down. Please help if you can.