Thread: Increased palps lately!

Increased palps lately!

When I get palps they usually last for a few days and even then they are kinda sporadic. Lately I have been having ALOT of them. The first day they were insane. Like almost nonstop then they are slowing down but I still get them more then I have. They seem worse at night and when I'm sitting still. I started working out before they started and I'm still doing daily workouts. I was taking claritin and once I stopped they have started slowing down. It's been like 4 days since they started. I dont really have any chest pain but I definitely feel the thumps in my chest. Sometimes I will get like 5 or 7 in a row and then nothing for a few hours and then another cluster. Should I call my cardiologist? Do I just ignore them? Like I'm trying not to freak out but idk what to do!!!

Re: Increased palps lately!

Any advice?

Hi!

I know what you’re going through I’m literally going through the same thing. I’ve been dealing with heart palpitations for three months now and they come and go and seem to be triggered by indigestion and anxiety. I’ll get several an hour or some every other minute if it’s bad.

I read your other post and saw you said you had a complete heart work up and all was ok? If that’s the case that’s the same as me and these are totally harmless while scary we just have to learn to accept that they aren’t dangerous. Easier said than done I know 😆. But listen to your doctor and try to relax as anxiety brings on more palpitations and palpitations bring on anxiety kind of a viscous circle.

Just know you’re fine and not alone! I find it helps to watch a good movie to get your mind off it.

Hope you feel better hang in there!

Thanks for the reply. I try to keep busy and ignore them. It doesnt help that I know going to the hospital right now isnt the best idea and dangerous so that doesnt help my anxiety about it all. Any other time I would have called my dr and asked to make an appt just for reassurance. But I have delt with palps for years so I just need to remember they are harmless and just annoying. Which is hard as hell to do!

I'm fine one minute and the next I worry that my heart will be so odd rhythm that it will stop. All the tests say my heart is fine but I've had palps already today and my anxiety is just crazy. I'm having a hard time dealing with everything going on

It’s very difficult to ignore a physical sensation. I have been struggling for couple months with the skipped beats. Sometimes I can go couple days without any or maybe not noticing them, but then others days like today and last couple I can feel them and keep taking my pulse and feeling the skipped beats which then freaks me out more! Then anxiety kicks in more! It’s hard hard work 😔 but as many have said on this forum, these are common and you need to try and push through.

I know its common but I haven't had them this bad in a long time. They are worse at night or when I'm resting. I really dont know if it's worth a call to my dr. I've been told my heart is fine. I struggle with the idea they say it's fine when it's not working right. Anxiety is over the top today

Thread Information