Thread: Here We Go Again-MS this time

Here We Go Again-MS this time

Long time lurker, long time Health Anxiety sufferer.

First time here was for MND, I think around 2016.

Got over that after a while with just 1/2 relapses. Was well aware at the time of my HA symptoms including tingling & burning in my legs, arms, armpits, those symptoms which have led me back down the rabbit hole again.

I had the flu 8 weeks ago, ended up with a sore throat on one side which has went away in the last week.

However, my HA kicked in over the inevitable Tonsil cancer, then throat cancer etc etc.

After the sore throat had gone, I had Post Nasal Drip, leading to lots of congestion on my sore throat side, giving me ear/jaw/eye socket pain & a feeling of tenderness under my jaw, blocked ear feeling & crunching sound, along with pain & shooting pains down my neck & collar bone. Suspicion is sinusitis ( I have a deviated septum) and on day 2 of antibiotics.

Now comes the kicker & the cause of this post. I’ve also had a burning feeling under my right armpit & sometimes into my breast & torso, down my arm into my elbow along with shoulder pain, back & front, and the same burning inside my knee & top of thigh, all since my throat worries kicked in, and mostly down my right side, same side as my throat, sinus, jaw issues. My eye on that side also feels the pressure & seems to be watery & a wee bit stingy!

Similar burning down my left side but only very, very occasionally. This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

No lumps, no rashes, nothing visible.

So here I am.

Well & truly in the MS spiral.

Have all these problems been caused by MS, or Health anxiety?

In the weeks I’ve had all these symptoms, my diagnosis changes daily. I’ve made the rookie mistake of consulting Dr. Google. So far, I’ve diagnosed myself with tonsil cancer/throat cancer/lymphoma/TMJ/Sinus Cancer and today’s venture onto Dr. Google’s couch has me finally with MS!

Sorry for the ramble, and thanks for your time!
    Last edited by BobAgg; 25-04-20 at 16:23.

Re: Here We Go Again-MS this time

Quote Originally Posted by BobAgg View Post
    Was well aware at the time of my HA symptoms including tingling & burning in my legs, arms, armpits, those symptoms which have led me back down the rabbit hole again.
    There's your answer. It wasn't MS then, it isn't this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ocdbaking View Post
    There's your answer. It wasn't MS then, it isn't this time.
    Thanks for the reply 👍🏻

I know, I keep trying to tell myself this.

I’m not sure those symptoms were as intense as this time and went on for so long. I’ve been hyped by this health anxiety for nearly a month now.

The eye watering/stinging is the symptom that’s really got me going with all this. Possibly/hopefully the sinusitis but not sure it’s a common symptom of that.

Cheers again!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi
    I've got ms and none of those symptoms are familiar to me, but that's not to say your symptoms aren't as ms shows in many different ways, such as numbness, pins and needles usually affecting one side of the body, burning sensation too. I think you need to see your GP and take things from there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234icg View Post
    Hi
    I've got ms and none of those symptoms are familiar to me, but that's not to say your symptoms aren't as ms shows in many different ways, such as numbness, pins and needles usually affecting one side of the body, burning sensation too. I think you need to see your GP and take things from there.
    Hi 1234icg, thank you for taking the time to reply!

I’ve just realised what’s been causing my eye issues and suffice to say, my overthinking is making me look pretty stupid right now. (Too much steroid nasal spray I think)

No numbness or pins and needles, but the burning down my right side, & occasionally the left, in same parts of the body, has me slightly concerned.

I’ll be speaking to my GP on Monday.

Thanks again.

Thinking of hanshan

Thread Information