Thread: IBS, anxiety work and covid19

IBS, anxiety work and covid19

Hi,

I joined years ago but haven’t been on here since 2018! my anxiety had got better and now it’s getting worse and taking a hold of me again. I’m a key worker and had been off work for 3 weeks when we went into lock down. I was ill (not corona i don’t think! but who actually really knows!), i’m now back at work.. i work in a care home for adults with learning difficulties and they all lack capacity in some way, they aren’t adhering to social distancing and my anxiety is sky high! my managers are reminding me constantly about my anxiety and how it is affecting me (which i don’t think is really fair as it hasn’t changed my level of work or professionalism) and my IBS has kicked in again! i was fine for the 3 weeks i was off, now i go alternating between ibs-d and ibs-c along with bubbling stomach and cramps! i’ve been taking fybogel to help settle and regulate me, and propranolol for the anxiety.. i guess i just don’t want to keep burdening friends and family and want someone to talk too. 💖

Re: IBS, anxiety work and covid19

My anxiety is high and yesterday I had left sided stomach cramps and diahirrea. Maybe a bug, but my head goes to diviculitis. I do have ibs but normally get constipation.
    Its so hard to be rational at times like this, I hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    My anxiety is high and yesterday I had left sided stomach cramps and diahirrea. Maybe a bug, but my head goes to diviculitis. I do have ibs but normally get constipation.
    oh no bless you! hope you feel better too! and yes it definitely is! i’ve been tested for covid today as i’m a keyworker and a colleague has tested positive! trying not to be anxious but it’s proving to be very difficult!x

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post

IBS can be difficult to deal with for sure, made even worse in these uncertain times.
    Have you ever been diagnosed with diviculitis...? Just wondering as you mention that.

Has your diest changed at all...?

Best wishes

It must be very difficult for you to think about working whilst we are going through this pandemic. Trying to do so with heightened levels of anxiety and IBS makes it much much harder to deal with. I have two boxes, unopened, of that fybogel I should really think about using it. I used to take propanolol but then moved over to Bisoprolol, it helps with my BP as well as controlling some aspects of my anxiety.

Have you ever tried counselling to help with anxiety...?

Best wishes

Working must be so hard at the best of times. I hope your managers are being understanding of your anxiety at least?
    You are doing something to help - taking medicine, but are you doing anything else to help you relax and focus?

It’s a wonderful job that you are doing, thank you.

[QUOTE=Dibbler;1945795]It must be very difficult for you to think about working whilst we are going through this pandemic. Trying to do so with heightened levels of anxiety and IBS makes it much much harder to deal with. I have two boxes, unopened, of that fybogel I should really think about using it. I used to take propanolol but then moved over to Bisoprolol, it helps with my BP as well as controlling some aspects of my anxiety.

Have you ever tried counselling to help with anxiety...?

Hello,

Yes I do find now that fybogel really helps, i only take a sachet a day.. it works both ways to help with C or D and keeps you more regulated! ah that’s good, i find the propranolol do help me. Yeah i did try time to talk counselling but i didn’t really find that helped me at all. Hope i’ve worked out how to reply to people properly!xx

It definitely is! and is made so much worse that one of the staff has tested positive for covid19 and is still working! as our manager says she is 9 days post her first symptom, i really don’t think she should be at work! it’s making me so scared and anxious!!

i’m going for walks with my partner (we have been tested as key workers and are luckily negative!) and just getting on with household chores and watching TV really! thank you so much, it means a lot! hope you are well x
    Last edited by cweb7; 01-05-20 at 20:08. Reason: add to the reply

Thread Information