Thread: Hi I'm Saskia, just introducing myself

Hi I'm Saskia, just introducing myself

Hi all,

Well... I'm new to the forum and new to whatever is going on with myself at the moment. I can say I'm very scared.

I had mild depression when I was an teenager causing problems for about 3-4 years but nothing like what I'm going through at the minute 10 years later.

It started about a 4-5 weeks ago when my hayfever started, found my breathing was just a bit harder not much. Then around 2 1/2 weeks ago out of the blue, bang, had breathing difficulty and major heart palpitations. Doctors prescribed me inhalers and that sorted my breathing but my palpitations, chest pain arm numbness really got me. Everytime I sit back or lie down it was off fluttering/skip beat. Got sent to a&e, ECG fine but they want a 24h- no referrals at the minute with what's going on apparently so I have to wait.

In the meantime, I now get heart palpitations throughout the day and night sitting standing or lying down but my doctor thinks my depression/anxiety has risen it's ugly head again but this time in force, and that she thinks I have ocd too.

So, as soon as the services are up and running I can get some tests done but this is kind of sending me mad, I literally get about 2-4 hours sleep per night for the last 2 weeks and it is really starting to crack me. Nights can get so lonely and long.

Have today just started sertraline tablets but told this could make my palpitations worse so that scares me abit.

Enough of my rambling, hi to everyone.
    Last edited by Sassyp666; 25-04-20 at 22:08.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Sassyp666 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi I'm Saskia, just introducing myself

Hi Saskia, I just wanted to say hello and I understand everything you have said. My name is Julia and I have visited this forum many, many times over the last few years. This pandemic has reignited my health anxiety so I thought I would finally stop lurking and actually post something! I hope you find some relief from your worries. Coming here has been such a lifeline for me so I hope it helps you too :-)

Re: Hi I'm Saskia, just introducing myself

Hi Saskia, really sorry to hear about your recent issues, you are not alone, I had a trip to A&E last week with chest pain and a dead arm. The doctors were great but pronounced there was nothing wrong with me. I also tried sertraline but they turned me into someone manic, not an enjoyable experience. I get on much better with Mirtazapine once I got through the initial sedation. I have found a lot of great help and advice on the forum, many things that have put my mind at rest that I am not crazy and hope that things will get better.

Thread Information