Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tongue twitching

Tongue twitching

I have been doing quite well recently and working hard on my HA, but am really struggling again and need some sane words.
    I know that no-one can diagnose me or tell me what the issue is, but I just want to know if this is something others have experienced as asking others or looking online, it doesn't appear to be very common.

I noticed that i had a tingling/pulsing sensation on the end of my tongue to the left. Didn't think much of it, until it started again yesterday morning. So, I stuck my tongue out to have a look and as the tingling happened my tongue had a very obvious twitch. It was just like the twitch you get in the eye and very obvious. Of course I panicked and have since begun the spiral of believing I have bulbar onset mnd. I have worried about this before back in 2018, but back then I had never seen my tongue twitch like this.

I have since been checking. I know that sticking my tongue and makes it quiver and move and that the best way to check is with the tongue at rest. When I do that, I can see little twitches/pops that happen in different places on my tongue. I looked at some videos online and that scared me even more (as it would of course!). So I am now terrified knowing my tongue has twitches which I can see along with the very obvious twitch that got me looking in the first place. My speech is fine, but I have had occasions recently where I felt like I couldn't swallow.

If anyone has experienced this please can you let me know.

Sarah x

Tongue

I am so sorry for posting again and I know that I posted on the MND page, but no-one has replied and this is making me think the worse.

I noticed on the weekend that i had a tingling/pulsing sensation on the end of my tongue to the left. Didn't think much of it, until it started again yesterday morning. So, I stuck my tongue out to have a look and as the tingling happened my tongue had a very obvious twitch. It was just like the twitch you get in the eye and very obvious. Of course I panicked. I have worried about twitching before, but never seen my tongue twitch like this.

If anyone else has had this please let me know. I can't eat or sleep with the worry.

Re: Tongue twitching

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    I am so sorry for posting again and I know that I posted on the MND page, but no-one has replied and this is making me think the worse.

I noticed on the weekend that i had a tingling/pulsing sensation on the end of my tongue to the left. Didn't think much of it, until it started again yesterday morning. So, I stuck my tongue out to have a look and as the tingling happened my tongue had a very obvious twitch. It was just like the twitch you get in the eye and very obvious. Of course I panicked. I have worried about twitching before, but never seen my tongue twitch like this.

If anyone else has had this please let me know. I can't eat or sleep with the worry.

You do know it's not classy to try to emotionally blackmail people into replies, yes? People have all manner of reasons for not responding, whether they're busy, aren't sure what they can contribute or simply have their own worries.

There are literally dozens of threads on this topic, and yet not one single person on here has ever been diagnosed with ALS/MND.

We're all stuck indoors, we're all going loopy and we all need to work on our mental health.

Re: Tongue

That's certainly told me. Emotional Blackmail? Never would I have intentionally tried to do something that low.

By writing in the general health anxiety section I simply hoped that it would reach a wider number of people who may have experienced it but, because they have not linked it to a particular disease, aren't looking in that sub-group. I have blips and, despite all the work I do to manage the HA, sometimes spiral to the point that I just need to come here and seek reassurance, which I know is not helpful, but occasionally it does help, even when it's someone telling me to get a grip. However, being told that I am emotionally blackmailing people is extremely hurtful.

As for the current situation, I am fully aware of the impact on our mental health and would never wish to add to that burden.

I'm sorry that came across so harshly.

I really hope you feel better soon.

Thank you

I am sorry for posting about this again. I am in so deep and cannot get out.
    I spoke to my doctor today who said she wasn't concerned about my symptoms, but advised that we monitor it. This has made me feel even worse - tome, that's like saying she suspects I have what I fear.

I know I am my own worst enemy; I have been googling all day and the fear is gripping me even more.
    I know what I should do - stop googling, stop checking, stop looking fro reassurance, but I am terrified that if I ignore it, then it will turn out to be what I most fear. I try to tell myself that it is rare, that people have told me they have also experienced tongue twitching and are fine, that it's highly unlikely to be anything to worry about, but nothing is going in, nothing is making me feel better. And the twitch is still there, reminding me of my fear.

Please help me rationalise this. I know I sound pathetic, but I have lost all sense.

Quote Originally Posted by flatterycat View Post
    I know I am my own worst enemy; I have been googling all day and the fear is gripping me even more.
    I know what I should do - stop googling, stop checking, stop looking fro reassurance......
    Words on a screen cannot do what you need to do in real life. It ultimately comes down to you and you know exactly what you need to do. There are no magic words or techniques. It's your own inner fortitude and self-discipline.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks Fish

My mum was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago and I have been dealing with that really well. Then bam this happens and all I can think about is myself.
    Last edited by flatterycat; 30-04-20 at 16:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information